Job Vacancy: Project Assistant
ANPPCAN is seeking for a self motivated project assistant who will assist the project coordinator in the successful implementation of the project “protecting and enhancing children’s rights through access to safe water and improved sanitation and environment which is being called WASH in Homabay County, Kenya
Responsibilities for the Project Assistant
The Project Assistant will assist the Project coordinator in:
- Developing good working relationships with school WASH committees, school management committees parent teachers association and children in addressing the objectives of the project in the two schools.
- Mobilizing the community of the project area in undertaking interventions towards projects’ objectives and fostering community contribution to the project
- Day to day oversight of borehole construction works and supervision of contractors in close coordination with the WASH committee
- Providing logistical support during trainings, follow up meetings and community sensitization with WASH committee.
- Maintain a registry of project-related correspondence and progress as well as technical reports.
- Work closely with child right club patron in promoting child participation through effective child help desks, follow up and referral of cases in the two schools.
- Ensure effective management and record keeping from sell of water, nursery tree and vegetables gardens in the two schools.
- Work with the WASH committee to ensure sanitation facilities are maintained and replenished on time
- Assist in tracking, monitoring and evaluation of project status and related documentation.
- Carry out other relevant duties as assigned by the Project coordinator
Project Assistant Requirements
- Diploma in social work or community health
- Good report writing skills is highly desirable.
- Preferably from the local project area with mastery of local language
- Full time one year contract based at the project site.
- Experience working with children and or community health will be an added advantage
- Commencement: immediate
How to Apply
All application letters together with CVs for the above advertised assignment should be sent to email@example.com with reference project assistant not later than 23rd February 2018 by close of business.