Job Vacancies: Research Assistants
The African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC) is an international non-profit, non-governmental organization that carries out high quality, policy-relevant research on population, health and education issues facing sub-Saharan Africa.
Our goal is to generate evidence for meaningful action to improve the lives of all Africans.
APHRC seeks to recruit a research assistant to support one of its projects.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Conduct literature searches and literature reviews as guided;
- Support the development of study instruments, including questionnaires and manuals;
- Support the training and supervision of data collection activities, as well as conducting regular data quality checks;
- Support the project manager(s) in report writing;
- Other activities as assigned by the Unit Leader/Project Manager.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in the social sciences, with a minimum two year experience in research;
- Proven experience and aptitude in the conduct of literature searches and reviews;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Experience in the organization of field activities;
- Long-term availability to support the said research activities.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application letter and CV with contacts of three referees via email to email@example.com by close of business February 16, 2018. Indicate on the email subject “Research Assistant – PDRH”
APHRC is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the protection of children.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
PLEASE NOTE: APPLICANTS ARE NOT REQUIRED TO MAKE ANY PAYMENTS TO ANYONE DURING ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS.