We are a medium sized Company based in Koru, Kisumu County, and we are in need of a qualified, experienced and self-driven professional to fill the position of an Assistant Accountant.
Reporting to: Chief Accountant
- Preparing financial statements including monthly, quarterly and annual accounts.
- Preparing entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts and documenting business transactions.
- Analyzing banking transactions and journal entries and managing all Company bank accounts.
- Preparing financial audits, coordinating the audit process and interacting with external auditors in completing audits.
- Ensure books of account are up to date on Real-time basis.
- Prepare accurate Bank reconciliations on a daily basis.
- Ensure all statutory returns are filed online within deadlines.
- Providing accurate and timely management accounting reports and business performance data.
- Coordinating the preparation of accurate and up-to date financial and management accounting Information.
- Establishing and maintaining effective internal control systems and procedures.
- Providing relevant and timely monthly statements, reports and reconciliations
- Updating the asset register.
- Acting in the absence of the Chief Accountant.
- Supervise the Accounts team.
- Other tasks as may be assigned by the Chief Accountant.
- Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- CPA-K or ACCA.
- Minimum of 3 years’ work experience in a busy Accounts department preferably in a manufacturing sector.
- Proficiency in accounting software preferably Pastel.
- Team Player.
- Good communication skills.
- People management skills.
- Ability to work under pressure without supervision.
Applications to be submitted with a detailed CV, copies of academic and professional certificates & testimonials.
Indicate the current and expected salary & benefits to the email address below by 17th February 2018: email@example.com cc firstname.lastname@example.org