Our Client, one of the fastest Growing and well-established Tier 3 banks in Kenya seeks to recruit a Head of Sales.
The Head of Sales will be responsible for setting the strategic sales agenda for the bank through Balance sheet growth, Customer Acquisition, Customer retention, Profit & loss targets in order to support achievement of the overall business strategy and sustain the Bank’s competitive position within the financial / banking sector.
This position is also responsible for providing leadership and direction for all Regional Sales Managers and implementing the Company’s overall goals, strategies, philosophies and culture.
- To develop and lead the implementation of the banks sales strategy in line with its overall strategy; to ensure achievement of profitability targets through revenue maximization and prudent cost management.
- Communicate and implement the overall Company’s goals and strategies amongst all Regional Sales Managers and sales teams for different products/regions.
- To build and maintain productive and strategic relations with all business units and key stakeholders like Regional Management, Branch Management and Credit teams; to drive the development and delivery of business solutions that increase the banks market share in terms of customer numbers, products/ service consumption and revenue growth.
- Drive sustainable growth and acquisition of new customers through the creation, development and maintenance of high quality advisory relationships.
- Develop and originate business opportunities for the Bank, to be handled by the teams in the assigned regions.
- Champion the delivery of consistent, seamless and trusted customer service to ensure customer retention and loyalty.
- Maintain a detailed and current understanding of the industry at macro, sector/product level, current market structures and regulatory requirements and issues, to ensure that opportunities are realized and risks mitigated.
- Ensure regional sales teams conform to the Credit Policy guidelines and requirements whilst maintaining the quality of the lending portfolio within the stipulated Non-Performing Loans (NPL) and Portfolio at Risk (PAR) parameters.
- Recruit direct reports, motivate and drive sales through effective leadership, guidance, performance management and continuously developing a credible high performing Sales team.
- Identify industry best practices; recommend product/service lines by identifying new product opportunities, product and service changes, surveying consumer needs and trends, tracking competitors and implementing necessary changes.
- Know compliance responsibilities and particular requirements affecting your area of responsibility, and incorporate these requirements into your business processes and procedures, performing periodic self-assessments including corrective action as needed.
- Attend industry events, represent the bank and network to generate new business leads.
- Monthly reporting on sales performance against budget and reporting on variances to various stakeholders.
- Performs all other duties and projects as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience
- University Degree preferably in a Business related field.
- Professional qualifications or Masters is an added advantage.
- At least 10 years banking experience, 4 of which should be in a senior/regional sales or relationship management role.
- Preferred territorial experience and knowledge in the FMCG or Banking sector.
- Excellent high quality interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills with the ability to network and develop strong business relations.
- Results driven and innovative in identifying and harnessing new and existing opportunities to maximize business.
- Strong leadership skills with demonstrated consistent high performance and competence in managing, inspiring and championing high performance teams ideally from a similar industry.
- Proven track record of achieving targets and driving sales growth in a business.
- Excellent planning, organization, problem solving, analytical and execution skills.
- Thorough knowledge of Banking products and services, and extensive Banking Industry knowledge.
- A good understanding of risk, credit policies and procedures, Sales, Relationship Management, Customer Service, commercial and product development functions of a commercial bank at managerial level.
- Strategic thinker with an excellent understanding of key industry influences and the ability to apply this thinking to a variety of clients and products.
- Flexible – ability to travel across the country.
Qualified and interested candidates who meet the requirements should send their applications to email@example.com