DIB Bank Kenya Limited (DIBBKE), is a fully owned subsidiary of Dubai Islamic Bank PJSC (AE), a pioneering institution that has combined the best of Sharia values with technology and innovation that characterize the best of modern banking.
Incorporated in 2014 and backed by its age-old values of being Progressive, Innovative, Ethical and Reliable, DIB Bank has put in place channel capabilities, high quality of service and a sound business model to ensure that it is the “The Better Way to Bank”.
To keep our services at a higher level and meet our customers’ maximum satisfaction, we wish to invite applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill in this challenging position:
Job Vacancy: Network Administrator
Job Reference: IT/NA/010/18
Job Purpose: To Maintain & monitor core Network / Security / Voice Infrastructure in order to provide effective and efficient IT services and operational requirements for the bank’s data centers and enterprise network
- Research, design and present feasible and effective network solutions to IT management
- Understand, analyze and document the functional and non-functional Business requirements &align to IT requirements
- Assist in design technical solution architecture to meet Business requirements and ensure appropriate sizing of the technologies
- Reviewing technical design specifications to ensure they are aligned with the technical solution architecture & provides the estimated cost
- Install, configure, manage & monitor banks enterprise network for data, voice and security Maintain network lifecycle management: Planning Designing, Deployment and operational support and enhancements, upgrades & troubleshooting
- Liaise with vendors for installation activities of active and design passive-SCS Network Infrastructure for DC & Major branches & back office, get projects completed for HO & branches
- Key role in implementing successful long term and short term network / security programs / projects and work closely with IT Projects team
- Design and manage enterprise information/data flows and protection services which includes enterprise key management of network design and information protection spanning to database, file system, and applications
- Liaise with Security Compliance, Infrastructure Services & Application Services to ensure smooth operations
- Responsible to maintain the records of the audit programs both internally and externally
- Prepare and maintain excellent documentation of DC, DR, products, services and designs implemented for the Infrastructure department
- All the above accountabilities include but not limited to any additional/new tasks or responsibilities assigned by the line Manager.
Education: Minimum Bachelor degree in Science and computers engineering or equivalent
Training / Skills
- Required CCNP R&S / Security / Voice.
- CCIE Certification Preferred.
- Network Management skills
- Project Management skills
- Process Management skills
- Hands on experience with Cisco Routers, Switches, Firewalls, CUCM & Palo Alto Firewalls.
- Strong Knowledge and Troubleshooting skills of Routing protocols, Layer 2 Technologies & Network Security.
- Strong Knowledge of Network Monitoring Systems.
- Hands on experience with F5 preferred.
- Knowledge of Islamic Banking principles and Sharia laws preferred.
- ITIL, IT Governance, etc. preferred.
Work Experience: Minimum 4 years of experience in similar domain
- Planning and Organizing
- Relationship Management
- Communication Skills
How to Apply
Send your application and supporting documents to email@example.com.
Indicate the reference as the subject of the email when forwarding your application.
Deadline for applications is 2nd March 2018
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NB: We are an equal opportunity employer, and do not ask individuals to supply funds as part of the recruitment process.