Vacant Position: Assistant Relationship Manager
Department: SME Banking
Job Grade: Band 4
Reporting to: Designated Branch Manager
Purpose of the role: To deliver exceptional business development results for SME banking products within the assigned branch, in line with the growth objectives of the bank.
1. Business Development – 70%
- Prospect and recruit new business customers for the various SME banking products for the branch, understanding their needs and requirements and recommending appropriate measures
- Achieve the set monthly and annual sales targets for all the SME Banking products within the specified region
- Develop more business from the existing branch clientele, i.e. increase share of wallet by cross selling all banking products to all the existing and potential branch customers.
- Monitor market conditions and trends and constantly give feedback to management for decision making.
2. Relationship Management & Customer Service – 20%
- Grow existing customer relationships and establish new ones for the branch
- Establish good rapport with customers through regular relationship visits to monitor business progress
- Manage customer queries, complaints and other correspondence in a timely manner and within set standards for customer satisfaction.
- Work closely with the appraisal team to structure customer deals and offer the best solutions to the clients.
3. Operational Management – 10%
- Review and manage NSF Report to ensure no loss arises from operational lapses and ensure compliance with operations risk requirements
- Ensure all Excess Applications where applicable are submitted as required under Credit Policy.
- Management of Expiring limits in line with the banks credit policy.
- Securities diaries management of the existing portfolio.
- Generate income and profitability through portfolio management and growth
Manage branch NPL to acceptable levels
- Manage TAT during origination of facilities as per agreed Sla’s.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business related field.
- Professional Qualification in CPA or ACCA will be an added advantage
- At least 2-3 years working experience in a Customer Service or Sales related roles.
- Credit skills and Knowledge of SME banking products.
- Knowledge of Banking and Business Operations: Well round knowledge of ALL the Bank’s operations and processes and excellent knowledge of Bank policies and procedures
- Compliance and Regulatory Framework: Top notch understanding of the regulatory issues, reporting and operational requirement as provided by CBK, KRA, KIB, etc.
- Conceptual and Analytical Skills: Ability to quickly grasp and understand systems and keen to detail
- Technology Skills: Computer Literacy.
- Communication and Interpersonal Skills: Ability to build rapport easily with customers, have well developed oral and report-writing skills, and have the ability to work with teams.
- Personal Ethics: Must be honest, fair, just but firm with self, and of high integrity
- Self Driven & Motivated: Must be able to work without close supervision.
- Negotiation Skills: Must be a good negotiator, particularly in changing behavior and work practices but always Win/Win.
*****Asian Candidates are encouraged to apply
Applicants who meet the requirements stated above should send their applications and detailed CVs with a day – time telephone number to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org with Assistant Relationship Manager-SME Banking on the Subject line.