Vacant Position: Branch Manager
Department: Branch Business
Job Grade: Band 5- Manager
Reporting to: Regional Branch Manager
Purpose of the role: To provide powerful branch leadership, deliver exceptional branch business growth, customer service and profitability, through identifying and developing business opportunities for all the Bank products to include; Personal Banking, SME Banking, Asset Finance, Institutional Banking, Corporate & Commercial Banking, Bancassurance, Bank Securities and efficiently manage customer accounts to guarantee a clean book with high retention.
Responsible for the day to day running of the branch, keeping high level of bank standards and management controls.
1. Financial Growth, sales growth, business development and profitability – 50%
- Formulate and implement sales plans/strategy for the branch aimed at increasing new business and share of wallet from existing clients.
- Closely monitor branch business performance and ensure accurate records of the same are maintained and forwarded to the Head of Branch Business and respective Business Heads.
- Collaborate and coordinate the development and implementation of sales initiatives with Service Delivery Managers, Asset Finance, Institutional Banking, Treasury, Corporate & Commercial Banking, Direct Sales Team, Bancassurance and Bank Securities to maximize on cross-selling opportunities.
- In conjunction with Head of Branch Business and Manager, Products Development, conduct product review and product development through constant feedback from the market.
- Harness existing and create new competencies in order to achieve competitive advantage.
- Continuously conduct market intelligence to identify new markets, customer trends, new government directives and changes in policy by regulators.
2. Customer Service- 15%
- Develop a strong customer relationship management system aimed at customer retention and maximizing on every relationship.
- Contribute to the branch business targets through strict TAT observance and high level service delivery standards.
- Co-ordinate branch initiatives aimed at gathering feedback from customers on service standards and advise business heads on improvements.
3. Operations Management and Compliance – 15%
- Ensure that the Bank’s Policy is adhered to at all times when handling different products.
- Ensure branch performance reports are timely & accurate.
- Ensure adherence to all KYC & AML processes with regards to new business and that proper documentation is in place.
- Ensure compliance with Operations Risk requirements to avoid losses arising from operational lapses.
- Manage check referral process to ensure timely feedback.
- Ensure all relevant returns are submitted on timely basis.
- Ensure all fees and commissions due to the bank are collected.
- Accountable for branch cost management
- Ensure credit portfolio of the branch is in good health.
- Ensure that the branch achieves a minimum of ‘Satisfactory’ audit rating through continuous assessment and prompt closure of all audit exceptions sighted.
4. Leadership 20%
- Build and develop a high performing and motivated team committed to achieving success.
- Set performance objectives and measures of success for direct reports, providing regular feedback from staff appraisal processes.
- Provide leadership to branch staff team by constantly offering training and guidance on the business expectations.
- Build, develop and motivate a high performance team in the branch, the staff morale to be rated good during audit.
- Help in resource planning, setting performance objective and providing regular feedback on branch performance.
- Maintain an effective leave program and an in-house training schedule for ease of relief due to leave or sickness.
- Ensure the bank values are upheld all the time by bank staff
Budgetary Control: All the branch Budget – Balance sheet and PBT
- Direct Reports: 3-5
- Indirect Reports:7- 14 Staff
Job Specifications (Ideal):
- Bachelors degree in a business related field
- Masters Degree will be an added advantage
- AKIB or CPA (K), CSAPs,
- Minimum 8 years’ working experience in a Banking environment, with sound exposure to Branch Operations, Credit Management and Business development 3 of which should be at a management level.
- Knowledge of Banking and Business Operations: Well round knowledge of ALL the Bank’s operations and processes and excellent knowledge of Bank policies and procedures
- Risk Management: Ability to anticipate and mitigate risk by implementing appropriate Risk Management Policies for the Bank
- Audit Standards and Legislations: Good knowledge of International Accounting and Audit Standards, and Legislations
- Compliance and Regulatory Framework: Top notch understanding of the regulatory issues, reporting and operational requirement as provided by CBK, KRA, KIB, etc.
- Conceptual and Analytical Skills: Ability to quickly grasp and understand systems and keen to detail
- Technology Skills: Knowledge of computerized banking applications and spreadsheets
- Credit Skills- Good Knowledge of personal and business credit underwriting and portfolio management
- Results and Achievement Oriented: strives to achieve results, enjoys measuring others, being measured, and being judged on performance standards and those of others he/she leads
- Personal Ethics: Must be honest, fair, just but firm with himself, and of high integrity
- Negotiation Skills: Must be a good negotiator, particularly in changing behaviour and work practices but always Win/Win. Negotiate with customers on our product offering
- Communication and Interpersonal Skills: well developed oral and report-writing skills, ability to work with, lead and build motivated teams
- Human Resources Management Skills: Leadership Skills, Team Building and ability to train, develop
and mentor staff
- Setting Business Direction
- Inspiring business performance
- Thorough understanding of bank operations
- Build pride and passion
- Growing talent and capability
- Managing & developing yourself
- Delighting customers
- Protect and enhance the Bank’s reputation
Working Relationships: Internal/ External
- All Departments – for guidance and solutions to ensure all product and service offering SLAs are in place and are implemented/met.
- Clients – for guidance and solutions to enhance customer service standards and business growth..
- Central Bank of Kenya – for guidance and solutions to all issues with regard to reports submitted from the branch
- Community- The face of the bank in the operating market
Key success indicators
- Achievement of Financial Performance & Growth Targets.
- Achievement of customer satisfaction measured through the CSI1.
- Achieve high business retention and activity of accounts
- Product cross selling success.
- Achieve and grow talent through succession planning.
- Achievement of high staff satisfaction level.
- Achieve satisfactory audit report
****Asian Candidates are encouraged to apply
Applicants who meet the requirements stated above should send their applications and detailed CVs with a day – time telephone number to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org with Branch Manager-Banking on the Subject line.