Vacant Position: Relationship Manager
Department: Personal Banking
Division: Retail Banking
Job Grade: Band 4
Reporting to: Designated Branch Manager
Purpose of the role: To deliver exceptional sales results for personal banking products within the assigned branch, in line with the sales objectives of the bank.
Provide personalized, prompt and efficient customer services to Personal banking customers whilst managing and controlling the operations of their accounts.
Ensure effective provision of customer service in line with the Bank’s policies and regulatory requirements as follows:
- Providing an interface between the bank and existing & prospective customers, in order to maintain good customer relations so as to meet customer needs within the strategic objective of the bank.
- Ensuring an effective call program is maintained on all allocated relationships and prospects. The calls should be recorded and filed.
- Make recommendation for existing and prospective customers under the various loan products and submit to the appropriate final authority within established turnaround time.
- Manage customer queries, complaints and other correspondence in a timely manner and within set standards for customer satisfaction.
- Assume direct responsibility for a Personal Banking process improvement project aimed at improving
the Unit’s ability to deliver efficient and timely service to its customers.
- Be conversant with policies and procedures pertaining to all bank products and services and be able to adapt to change in these as well as technological changes, and customer sophistication.
- Develop and maintain a customer prospect pipeline for new business as well as the increase in Share of Wallet (SOW) for existing customer base
- Provide leadership and motivation for direct and indirect reports towards the achievement of cluster new business and portfolio targets
- Develop and distribute leads for the Direct Sales teams assigned to the cluster
- Ensuring revenue growth through new need identification, product cross-sell of existing products and services to existing customers
- Ensure that the target market selection criterion is adhered to and that we are in full compliance with Know Your Customer (KYC) and Anti Money Laundering (AML) requirements.
- Participate in Corporate Bank and Institutional Bank customer calls for marketing initiatives.
- Achievement of set revenue target for the unit by aggressive customer acquisition & efficient product delivery, by offering a diverse range of products and excellent customer service.
- Keep abreast of the rapid pace of product development to be able to sell new products.
Job Specifications (Ideal):
- Bachelor’s degree in a business related field
- Customer Relationship Management Course
- 4 years’ working experience in Managing Customer Relations.
- Knowledge of Banking and Business Operations: Well round knowledge of ALL the Bank’s operations and processes and excellent knowledge of Bank policies and procedures
- Risk Management: Ability to anticipate and mitigate risk by developing appropriate Risk Management Policies for the Bank
- Audit Standards and Legislations: Excellent knowledge of International Accounting and Audit Standards, and Legislations
- Compliance and Regulatory Framework: Top notch understanding of the regulatory issues, reporting and operational requirement as provided by CBK, KRA, KIB, etc.
- Conceptual and Analytical Skills: Ability to quickly grasp and understand systems and keen to detail
- Technology Skills: Knowledge of computerized Internal Audit Techniques, Computerized accounting and financial systems, banking applications and spreadsheets
- Communication and Interpersonal Skills: Ability to build rapport easily with customers, have well developed oral and report-writing skills, and have the ability to work with, lead and build motivated teams
- Results and Achievement Oriented: strives to achieve results, enjoys measuring others, being measured, and being judged on performance standards and those of others he leads
- Personal Ethics: Must be honest, fair, just but firm with himself, and of high integrity
- Negotiation Skills: Must be a good negotiator, particularly in changing behavior and work practices but always Win/Win
*****Asian Candidates are encouraged to apply
Applicants who meet the requirements stated above should send their applications and detailed CVs with a day – time telephone number to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org with Relationship Manager-Personal Banking on the Subject line.