Automobile Association of Kenya is a national motoring association founded in 1919 and dedicated to promoting and safeguarding the interests and safety of member motorist while on the road.
AA’s long heritage, international affiliation, countrywide branch network and a team of highly qualified professional and technical team, assures our members of a stress free motoring experience.
The association takes leadership in vehicle valuation & inspection, driving school, road rescue services, insurance brokerage, driver reference bureau, international driving permits and carnet de passé, defensive driving training, mileage guidance, among other services.
To support its growth strategy, the Association seeks to recruit a highly motivated professional to fill in the following position:
Reporting to the Head of Business Development, the position will be responsible for coordinating all the branch matters including Personnel, Assets custody, Marketing, Public relations, evaluating departmental activities and general administration.
- In charge of all branch operations and administration.
- Promoting, growing sales, retaining clients for the entire Association’s product portfolio that includes Membership, Road Services, Driving School, Valuation, Training, Touring & Licensing and AA Insurance Brokerage.
- Ensuring performance goals and targets are met and implement and execute all sales and marketing strategies at branch level.
- Implementing all brand awareness campaigns, promotional activities/events and representing the Association in key partner events, business & GOK forums and activities.
- Preparing weekly and monthly Sales & pre-plan reports.
- Managing employees at branch level and safeguard the Association’s Assets e.g. Vehicles, furniture and ensuring all branch collections are receipted/banked intact.
- Marketing all AA products and services while maintaining quality service by enforcing quality and handling customer service problems.
- Maintaining and upholding the entire branch Systems and Controls as per the Association policies, rules, procedures and norms, recommending their improvements on a timely basis.
- Managing all clients and other third party stakeholders as per the Association procedures, norms, policies and rules.
- Recommending system improvements as well as contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as required.
- Public Relations – link between the AA and the public e.g. Police, Examiners, Suppliers, County Government.
- Maintaining high discipline levels with clear understanding of the Association’s Mission Statement and Vision in order to achieve set objectives.
- Managing annual staff appraisals and leave schedule in liaison with the HR Department.
- Inducting of new staff members within the branch.
- Gathering relevant information, clients’ feedback, market intelligence and relaying the same to Department Heads for improvement of the various services offered.
- Handling staff welfare matters through regular meetings to keep up to date with issues that might adversely affect motivation levels or teamwork.
- Counter checking that valuation reports issued in the branch are paid for or LPO’s are provided before counter signing them and accord the necessary assistance to the Valuers especially travel facilitation and communication to clients.
- Approving of weekly/monthly returns for Driving School, Valuation, Touring & Licensing and Membership departments while verifying their accuracy before countersigning.
- Assisting in debt collection and procurement of LPOs for all accounts falling within your region.
- Adhering to the set standards of business and the Human Resource Policy Manual.
Minimum job requirements:
For appointment to this position one must have:
- Degree in a Business Management Course or its equivalent
- Minimum 2 Year experience in a management position.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Good presentation and communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills.
- Leadership qualities.
- Marketing background/experience will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
If you believe that you are the right candidate for any of the above position and can clearly demonstrate your ability to meet the qualifications given, submit your application letter, current CV, indicating the job title on the subject line to email@example.com by close of business 5th March 2018