Vacant Position: Manager – Brand Partnerships
Reference Number: OC/2018/0001
Job Location: Nairobi
Overall Job Purpose: The position holder will be responsible for merchant acquisition, activation and retention; guide and track sales team performance to achieve set targets; develop processes and procedures to improve merchant relationship management.
Reports To: Chief Executive Officer
Directly Supervises: Sales Team.
- Identify and acquire new merchants in line with the organization’s market segmentation.
- Development of merchants’ acquisition strategy and execution plans.
- Ensure merchants onboarding process which includes Merchant agreements, process training are undertaken in line with laid down guidelines.
- Foster and maintain closer partnership with existing merchants; including follow up on terms and conditions, analyze and identify value propositions to increase uptake on offers;
- Achieve target numbers through analyzing the business and planning programs to grow activities of acquired Merchants.
- Guide and coach the sales teams to ensure achievement of targets.
- Work with cross functional teams to ensure flawless merchants management.
- Consistently monitor and manage merchants’ portfolio pipeline and merchant engagements to ensure successful acquisition and onboarding of new merchants.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify areas of improvement and innovative value prepositions for pitching to current/future merchants.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree from a recognized institution.
- Minimum of four (04) years’ experience in a similar /sales role in a large organization managing key accounts.
- Must have an excellent understanding and networks in the FMCG; Food and Beverage and/or Lifestyle industry.
- Proven track record in acquiring new Merchants/partners.
- Experience in managing team performance and developing business strategies is a pre-requisite.
Attributes and Skills:
- Excellent presentation and influencing skills
- A quick thinker and able to identify possible value prepositions based on interactions and/or feedback from merchants.
- Confident; persistent; and is challenged by stretched performance targets.
- Excellent work ethics and passionate about customer experience.
- Strong organization skills with the ability to prioritise workloads and work within tight deadlines
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
How to Apply:
Please send an updated and detailed CV including a motivation letter to email@example.com, closing date for receiving applications is extended to Friday, 3rd March, 2018.
A fixed and variable remuneration will be offered to the successful candidate.