Care of Creation Kenya (CCK) is a non-profit, evangelical Christian organization dedicated to transforming both people and landscapes by spreading a God-centered biblically-based vision for agricultural and environmental stewardship.
Currently CCK ministry is administered from its offices that are situated within Moffat Bible College in Kijabe, Kenya.
Job Title: Office Administrator
The position will provide Godly leadership and work to oversee the general operation
and administrative needs of CCK, ensuring the proper functioning of the organization’s community development and environmental education programs.
The individual will take responsibility for the smooth running of the CCK office where his/her professionalism, initiative and office administration skills will be welcomed. He/she will undertake other jobs relating to human resource and accounting duties.
The position holder reports to the Director for overall administrative duties and to the Special Projects & Finance Consultant for bookkeeping and financial matters.
Required Education, Skills and Experience:
- Minimum KCSE Certificate of Grade C+ or above
- Diploma in Business Administration with experience in handling Human Resource and Accounting duties
- Minimum 3-5 years relevant work experience in the Business Administration field
- Mature Christian of proven integrity and trustworthiness
- A person with a heart for ministry who is willing to learn and be committed to creation-care and environmental stewardship.
- Good interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- A self-starter who takes initiative in priotizing work activities and requiring little or no supervision
- Ability to organize work, handle multiple responsibilities, supervise others and work as a part of a team.
- Strong computer proficiency in Microsoft Suite of products i.e. Word and Excel
- Strong book-keeping & accounting skills with Quick Books experience
- Able to manage the HR and statutory needs of the organization
- A person who is friendly, objective, and who has good customer service skills
Care of Creation Kenya (CCK) is a Christian organization and the individual must be willing to agree to its organizational mission and vision, core values and ethos. The position requires that the person works in Kijabe and lives nearby.
Interested candidates should submit the following:
- A letter of intent to apply for this position that summarizes your educational and work history. Highlight why you feel you are a good candidate for this position in CCK.
- To the application letter attach your current CV, Certificates and testimonials.
- A written description of your personal testimony and experience as a Christian, and include an explanation why you would want to work for CCK.
Submit a written response to the following items:
- A description of your bookkeeping and accounting skills and experience.
- A description of your supervisory experience.
- A description of your computer skills.
- A description of your HR experience.
- Kijabe is a small semi-urban center situated within a rural environment. To fulfill your duties you will need to live within a reasonable distance from this community. If you relocated, how would this move impact your family, lifestyle and work life?
- What is your current salary level?
- CCK is a faith-based mission organization that depends upon charitable donations. Based on this understanding, what are your salary expectations for the advertised position?
- Provide names of your 3 references. 2 to be your most recent supervisors and 1 character reference. These should be willing to attest to your character and your work experience. Include their telephone numbers and email addresses.
Only Shortlisted applicants will be contacted by email for a panel interview.
All documents should be sent by email to email@example.com not later than Thursday 8th March, 2018.