Job Re-Advertisement: Energy Project Officer – Kericho
Those who had applied earlier do not need to apply again
Organisation: Caritas Switzerland is committed to a world that is guided by solidarity, justice and peace and in which the inviolable dignity and the rights of every human being are respected.
Caritas Switzerland works to ensure that every person not only has access to food, water, shelter, health, work and education, but is able to expand his / her capabilities and opportunities to lead the life she / he values.
Caritas Switzerland provides professional, effective and efficient help to people in need and in poverty, at home and abroad, regardless of their political or religious beliefs, gender or ethnicity.
The aim of all programmes is to reduce the poverty suffered by marginalised people, to ensure that their rights are respected, to reduce people’s vulnerability and to enable them to develop sustainable life strategies through social integration and access to natural resources, institutions, infrastructure and capital.
In line with the idea of the Sustainable Development Goals that such goals are not only relevant for developing countries, but for all countries worldwide, Caritas Switzerland works both in Switzerland and abroad.
Caritas Switzerland is seeking for its research project Identifying climate change mitigation and adaptation intervention packages in tea farming regions that have the potential for scale an Energy Project Officer to be based in Kericho.
Position: Energy Project Officer – Kericho
Reporting to: Project Director
Duration: 10 months
Location: Kericho County
Key responsibilities & tasks
- Lead research project in the field including data collection, testing and adaptation of energy options and guidance of cooperation partners;
- Key contact for cooperation partners (households, schools, the private sector and county government);
- Documentation of results;
Essential requirements & qualifications
- University degree in energy engineering, economics or social science with at least five years of work experience;
- Knowledge of and well connected to energy sector networks in Kenya with focus on renewable energy;
- Knowledge of renewable energy policy space in Kenya;
- Proven practical experience in testing, adaptation and implementation of clean, reliable, affordable energy options for rural and peri-urban populations;
- Familiar with basic principles and terminology of climate change mitigation and adaptation;
- Proven experience in data collection including supervision of enumerators;
- Experience in cooperation with households, schools, the private sector as well as county governments;
- Previous experience in collaboration with tea producers an advantage;
- Flexibility, good interpersonal and clear oral and written communication skills;
- The knowledge of Kiswahili is mandatory, local language skills (Kericho) are highly desirable.
We strongly encourage qualified women to apply.
Contract start: 01.03.2018
If you feel you fit the required profile, please clearly indicate in you cover letter how your qualifications, experience and career ambitions match the requirements of this position.
Send your application latest by 09.02.2018 to email@example.com indicating Energy Project Officer Kericho in the subject line.
Label all your attached files with your full name and document title.
Please provide a Curriculum Vitae (CV) that contains details of your qualifications, experience, present position, current remuneration, earliest date of availability, names and telephone contacts of three referees, two of which should include your previous and current
Those who had applied earlier do not need to apply again.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.