Job Title: Chief Internal Audit & Risk Officer
Our client, a leader in the Publishing Industry seeks to engage and hire a Chief Internal Audit & Risk Officer.
The professional responsible executing the audit plan, report on audit issues and coordinate on management activities. He/she will ensure adherence to policies, procedures and standards for improved performance & corporate governance.
Reporting to the Group Managing Director and Board Audit & Risk Committee, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Preparation and execution of a risk based audit plan based on the company’s risk management framework;
- Ascertaining effectiveness of the company’s internal control framework;
- Preparation of periodic reports on the implementation of internal controls;
- Organise internal audits and assist the Finance department in co-ordination of external audits;
- Facilitate documentation of the company’s processes and testing internal controls;
- Oversee the conduction of ISO surveillance audits;
- Provide leadership to the team and drive achievement of set business targets;
- Ensure implementation of the performance management cycle;
- Forecasting and development of annual budgets for the department;
- Oversee development and implementation of cost control measures within the department.
- Strategic Leadership;
- Financial Acumen;
- Operational Excellence;
- People Management & Development;
- Analytical and Problem Solving Skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Auditing or equivalent;
- A masters’ degree will be an added advantage;
- A member of ICPAK with a professional certification in CPA (K), ACCA or CISA;
- A minimum of seven (7) years’ experience in auditing with at least three (3) years at a middle or senior management level;
- ISO QMS Lead Auditor training;
- Experience working with and managing ISO Quality Management Systems;
- Good understanding of the principles and applications of good corporate governance, business and operational risk & control processes and procedures.
How to Apply
If you are qualified and up to the challenge visit www.altimaafrica.com/careers.php and apply online by 5pm 23rd February, 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.