Ruaraka Uhai Neema Hospital
Job Vacancy: Clinical Officer – ENT / Ophthalmology / Audiologist
Job Summary: The incumbent will be responsible for providing healthcare services to eye,ear, nose and throat patients in the hospital
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Diagnosis and treatment diseases of ear, nose, and throat
- Determine nature and extent of disorder, prescribe and/ or administer medications
- Consult with patients to determine the appropriate course of treatment
- Keep inventory and attention to proper care & maintenance of special equipment’s within the ENT Outpatient facility.
- Support specialised ENT surgical services and services delivery in the surgery department of the hospital ensuring that they meet the expected standards of quality, quantity and compliance
- Coordinate ENT surgery referral services within and within and without the hospital according to the ENT surgery services needs in collaboration with other hospital sections and departments and within the framework of the hospital and national referral policies
- Supervise ENT staff together with their services, in the ENT department of the hospital to ensure that they offer timely ENT services within the expected standards of quantity and quantity complying with the established ethics and regulations
- Ensure and coordinate continuous training and development of ENT staff for their effective and efficient performance and productivity
- Coordinate and provide ENT research and training within the ENT department of the hospital
- Offer specialised ENT surgery services’ advice to the hospital executive and other sections/departments and the general public in the appropriate media
- Work with other medical specialists to solve single or multiple medical issue (s) or perform extensive surgery, when required in the hospital
- Monitor and evaluate progress and achievement of the ENT services, research and training programs in the hospital, prepare and disseminate periodic reports appropriately.
- Examine patients who have hearing, balance, or related ear problems. Assess the results of the examination and diagnose problems.
- Determine and administer treatment to meet patients’ goals.
Qualification, Competencies Required
- Higher Diploma in ENT from a recognised institution
- At least three (3) years relevant experience
- Must have a valid practicing licence.
- Knowledge of relevant legislations
- Knowledge of professional standards
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to submit their cover letter and detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, clearly stating the job title you are applying for in the Email subject.
Closing date for application is 16th February 2018
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted