Exciting Career Opportunities
The Aga Khan Hospital, Mombasa is an institution of Aga Khan Health Services, Kenya which is an Agency of Aga Khan Development Network. The hospital is part of an integrated health system that includes Hospitals and outreach health centers across East Africa. AKHS is one of the most comprehensive private not-for-profit health care systems in the developing world.
The hospital seeks to recruit an ideal candidate for the following position:-
Role: Reporting to the Medical Director, the role shall be responsible for conducting psychological assessments and delivering interventions for patients and staff.
These shall include standardized assessments of psychological health and history, providing referrals and support as required and as guided by the hospital polices and regulations.
- Take active leadership role in the development and implementation of the Neuro Science programme.
- Develop intervention programs and activities that improve psychological care.
- Promote efficiency and high standards of psychological care to Patients and staff
- Carry out psychological and psychosocial assessments at the main hospital site and any other Outreach Centres as may be directed.
- Co-ordinate and implement all project-related psychosocial services.
- Provide referrals for psychiatric and other medical care as appropriate.
- Participate in the professional training of staff to ensure highest standards of healthcare.
- Ensure Quality Assurance and Control both in data collection and Good Clinical Practices.
- Supervision of staff and handling internal clinic processes.
- Any other duties as may be assigned.
Required qualifications, attributes and experience
- Must have a recognized Bachelor’s degree in Clinical Psychology either from a local or international institution.
- Master’s degree in clinical psychology from a local or international institution will be an added advantage
- Be a member of a professional body
- Have done significant work in clinical psychology covering key aspects of the profession
- Excellent verbal communication skills in Kiswahili and English.
- Demonstrated excellence in psychosocial care.
- Demonstrated abilities in leadership, problem-solving, and project coordination.
- A strategic thinker with a proven capability of quickly assessing complex situations and generate intelligent and practical solutions.
- S/he will have a minimum of eight (8) years working experience; five (5) of which should be current and in a busy setup with hands on experience in Clinical Psychology.
Candidates are invited to upload a CV and covering letter to email@example.com or via AKDN Career Centre at www.akdn.org/careers
Deadline of submitting application is on 2nd March 2018
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
“Aga Khan Hospital, Mombasa is an equal opportunity Employer”
|Company / Organization||
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||
Exciting Career Opportunities
The Aga Khan Hospital, Mombasa is an institution of Aga Khan Health Services, Kenya which is an Agency of Aga Khan Development Network. The hospital is part of an integrated health system that includes Hospitals and outreach health centers across East Africa. AKHS is one of the most comprehensive private not-for-profit health care systems in the developing world.www.jobsinkenya.co.ke for more job details and application process.