Job Vacancy: Project Officer – RMNCH
Location: Mutomo, Kitui
We believe in a world in which every human life is valued, and health and human dignity are shared by all.
We believe that access to quality healthcare is a basic human right. For more than 100 years, we have worked with global partners to deliver locally sustainable, quality healthcare solutions to women, children and their communities. We’re ready to make it 100 more.
We believe change starts with her.
We work tirelessly for women’s and children’s health because they are disproportionately affected by illness and poverty. We know that healthy, educated, and empowered women are better able to raise healthy, educated, and confident children, and that communities depend on their livelihoods. We’re making an impact – learn more.
Building around a new CHAMPS (CHildren And Mother PartnershipS) model, CMMB will work at both the community and clinical levels in these targeted communities to strengthen health services and address the leading causes of maternal and child death. In addition, CMMB will expand its volunteer program to strengthen health care delivery in CHAMPS-supported facilities, and will engage with the pharmaceutical industry to help meet the needs of CHAMPS communities and facilities.
CMMB is committed to learning and evolving in order to successfully achieve impact in its strategy, and will have strong vertical and horizontal team structures in alignment to the global strategy in order to encourage accountability, communication, and effective project management.
We believe in people.
We strive to live out our core values of collaboration, love, excellence and respect every day. We provide our employees with a competitive salary and a meaningful benefits package, with opportunities to learn and grow. We especially encourage all persons of diverse backgrounds to apply. Read more from our President & CEO below.
The Programs Department plays a critical role in achieving CMMB’s strategy around improving the lives of women and children, by leading the provision of high quality programs focused on children’s and mothers’ health, and particularly in the development and implementation of our CHAMPS model. This team is also
responsible for generating revenue from and partnering effectively with government(s), major foundations, and other major donors, and will help to position and enhance CMMB’s technical capacity and reputation in the field of global healthcare.
CMMB has been working in Kenya for almost 15 years. CMMB works to ensure that the most vulnerable populations, especially mothers and children, have access to quality services in health care, health promotion and illness prevention.
You will ensure the community-based delivery of RMNCH services in CHAMPS through effective coordination and functioning of the community health volunteer system interphasing with the link health facilities.
As such, you will directly oversee the work of CHVs and the CHEWs while actively engaging and providing technical support to health facility management committees. For this critical synergistic function, you will ensure routine conduct of health data feedback forums with community leadership members.
- Strengthen tools and procedures for rigorous continuous evaluation of CHV training needs, and Coordinate need-based refresher trainings for CHVs.
- Support capacity building activities for CHEWs and other HCWs through training and CMEs.
- Routinely monitor and strengthen the quality of service provision by CHVs; Ensure conduct of monthly supervisory meetings, and Conduct data quality audits to validate vital events reports. Ensure that data is reported from the Community Units and relayed through the link facilities to the DHIS.
- Strengthen the Health Facility Management Committees as a feedback mechanism and support supervision to the Community Units.
Planning and coordination
- Oversee program RMNCH activities to ensure quality and timely service delivery including Integrated Outreaches & MNCH campaigns, coordinate to meet CHV logistics needs for household visitation; Monitor referrals and continuum of care linkages between CHVs and facility-based services as well as schools for school health interventions.
- Facilitate the Community Mobilization and awareness creation on RMNCH and Cervical Cancer for primary prevention; and Coordinate monthly or quarterly community health review meetings.
- Ensure the CHVs, CHEWs and the link facilities are adequately facilitated for timely reporting including reporting tools.
- Routinely report on CHV system activities household visits, field supervision, trainings, and Routinely report on RMNCH-specific project activities.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Nursing or Clinical Medicine, BSN.
- You have at least 5 years’ hands-on experience in Community Health Strategy, RMNCH clinical and programming in the rural context, working with MoH
- You have excellent coordination and networking skills including liaison with stakeholders
- You have Technical expertise in critical components of integrated RMNCH.
- Your analytical and writing skills are very good
- You have experience working with an NGO
- You have experience working with Microsoft Word, Excel and have data analysis software skills
- You’re a timely and effective communicator with superior presentation skills and proven skills building
- You are comfortable working for a faith-based organization.
- You believe in CMMB, where we’re going, and what we can do together to achieve Healthier Lives Worldwide.
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online.
Visit our careers page for more information
All applications must be received by 2nd March 2018
A message from Bruce Wilkinson, our President and CEO
As president of CMMB, I would like to thank you for your interest in joining with us on our journey to bring healthier lives to women, children and their families worldwide. CMMB has embarked on our second century of service to the most marginalized. Our vision of a world in which every human life is valued, and health and human dignity are shared by all is at the core of who we are. We are always looking to join hands with experienced professionals who want to add their energy to our work, and are so pleased you are considering CMMB as your potential employer. The Project Officer- RMNCH is critical to our mission and vision. I welcome your interest in joining CMMB’s diverse, talented, professional and motivated team and lead our Kenya team achieve our mission.