Co-operative Bank of Kenya
Job Vacancy: Underwriting Officer
Are you a dynamic, creative, self-driven and highly motivated experienced professionals with a good Knowledge of the basic principles and practices of Bancassurance?
Are you keen and aware of market patterns with a genuine interest of the Insurance Industry?
If yes, then look no further; Co-operative Bank of Kenya, “The Kingdom Bank” is the ideal place for you, here, you will find growth opportunities at every step of your career.
The role holder will be responsible for supporting the delivery of Bancassurance business through facilitation of key duties in underwriting, handling queries from branches and adhering to the established SLAs and Memorandum of Understanding.
Specifically, the successful jobholder will be required to:
- Drive growth in Bancassurance business across the bank channels and identify opportunities for developing and deploying new products.
- Develop Bancassurance manuals, policies and procedures in terms of business operations as well as underwriting processes for motor and non-motor business.
- Analyze underwriting documents before they are submitted to insurance companies to ensure they are fully and comprehensively documented without loopholes.
- Ensure that all queries on technical insurance issues from customers are addressed promptly while providing technical guidance.
- Ensure adherence to the Bancassurance manual policies and procedures and implementing immediately any actions/deficiencies highlighted by the Compliance & Audit reports.
- Build relationships with Co-op Bank sales channels and support them to drive business with their customers and manage relationships with insurance companies to secure the best terms for Co-op Bank Group customers.
- Ensure compliance with Insurance Regulatory Authority requirements as well as internal Procedures and Policies.
- Train customers and Banks’ staff on underwriting/claim processes, requirements and procedures.
Skills, Competencies and Experience
The successful candidate will be required to have the following skills and competencies:
- A Bachelor’s degree in a Business related field with a minimum of 3 years’ underwriting experience in insurance business or as an insurance officer in a corporate organization.
- A professional qualification in insurance will be an added advantage
- Knowledge of the basic principles and practices of Bancassurance.
- Strong business acumen and strategic thinking capacity with strong analytical and presentation skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a diversified set up and in a highly collaborative team environment.
- Proven ability to respond quickly, independently and appropriately to competing priorities under tight deadlines, excellent analytical, interpersonal, communication and advocacy skills.
- Knowledgeable in compiling data and preparing a variety of reports as well as ability to verify the accuracy of documents and information presented.
- Leads from the front
- Delivers and owns results
- Values and respects others
- Drives innovation
- Fosters Communication
- Inspires trust and integrity
- Customer Centric
How to Apply
If you fit the profile, then apply today! Please forward your application enclosing detailed Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the job reference number UO/RBB/2018 as the subject of your email by 9th February, 2018.