An exciting opportunity has arisen for a cook to join our team at Tribeka holdings in Nairobi.
Job Purpose: The Cook shall be responsible for portioning, preparing and cooking food products as per instructions and/or recipes.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Portioning food products prior to cooking according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications;
- Preparing dishes as needed;
- Maintaining proper storage temperatures, cooling, freezing and reheating;
- Operating kitchen equipment and inspecting equipment for cleanliness;
- Serving food, salad, bread, main dish items, sandwiches and other food items in appropriate portions.
- Replenishing supply of food items on serving line;
- Lifting milk crates in and out of the cooler;
- Storing and/or disposing unused food;
- Maintaining necessary supplies and goods for assigned meals;
- Following recipes, portion controls and presentation specifications as set by the establishment; and
- Performing any other duties assigned from time to time.
- Certificate/Diploma in Food Production or its equivalent from a recognized institution;
- KCSE Grade C- (Minus) or its equivalent;
- One (1) year working experience in a comparable position.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work under minimal supervision; and
- Ability to discern quality;
- Be a good team player
Interested candidates should email their CV and Application letter only to; email@example.com Cc to firstname.lastname@example.org so as to reach us by 15th March 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please state your expected salary in the Subject line of your application.