Job Title: Credit Officer
Industry: Agricultural Solutions
Our client is a SME based in Nairobi and in business of imports and distribution of pesticides to farmers and farms in Kenya.
They seek to hire an individual who will be responsible for support in credit management, reviewing non-performing assets book and developing appropriate strategies to ensure timely recovery of amounts due, with minimum loss exposure.
Credit Officer Job Responsibilities
- Contribute in design and implementation of an elaborate company credit control policy.
- Take part in the review of company credit control procedure, develop and implement enhancements.
- Set and monitor company credit limit to ensure acceptable level of risk exposure.
- Take part in design and implement an appropriate means of collections with assistance of Credit Manager,
- Field Sales Staff and ensure that Direct Debit Payment System among clients is appropriately monitored and documented.
- Assist in generation of legal documents for use in the credit function.
- Initiate the vetting of new credit clients and review existing credit clients.
- Be the custodian of company debtors’ record for the overall debtors’ asset portfolio.
- Maintain accurate and up to date clients’ accounts records by setting up and maintaining client files.
- Reconcile transactions and balances regularly to maintain debtors’ accurate accounts.
- Obtain and maintain sufficient information to assess the credit worthiness of new and existing clients.
- Ensure that payments are correctly allocated, to the appropriate account and against the appropriate invoice(s).
- Maintain regular clients and Field Sales Staff contact to ensure timely collection of due debts.
- Prepare monthly collection target for Company clients and Field Sales Staff and ensure that targets are achieved at all times.
- Handle any disputed accounts to ensure that payments are in line with company credit policy.
- Trace down missing debtors.
- Analyze the company debt portfolio on monthly basis to establish high risk accounts for reporting and recommend for resolution.
- Undertake complex reconciliations and compilation of necessary support documents for bad debts.
- Initiate and enforce ‘Stop Supply Orders’ to overdue accounts.
- Negotiate payment schedule with bad debtors, clients in financial difficulties or arrange for goods possession or re-possession to cover for the outstanding debt.
- Identify bad debt accounts requiring assistance of collection agency or legal action and co-ordinate collections with the third party contractors.
- Direct collection from company clients by telephone and visits all over the country
Qualifications for the Credit Officer Job
- A Degree in Business Administration or Finance or its equivalent
- CPAK, ACCA or its equivalent
- Conversant with Tally and other computer accounting packages
- On job training in Debt management in related field would be an added advantage.
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to build personal relationships with clients
- Good intercultural orientation and strong public relations skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to visit clients all over the country regularly
- Must have good analytical skills
- Strong communication, negotiation, and analytical/problem solving skills
- Computer skills
- Fluent in English
How to Apply
Please only send your CV quoting the job title in the email subject (Credit Officer – Agricultural solutions) to firstname.lastname@example.org before Wednesday 28th February 2018.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV.