Cross TV, an engaging, positive and progressive national general entertainment channel for young adults with the vision to expand internationally is recruiting.
The Vision of Cross TV is to be the most influential platform for educating and empowering the youth to solve humanitarian issues in Kenya, in Africa and the whole world.
Established in 2017 we plan to operate a valuable portfolio of news, info and edutainment networks, significant television production operations.
Cross TV is fully owned by the Kenya Red Cross Society (KRCS)
Cross TV is seeking for a passionate and enthusiastic individual to fill the following position:
Job Title: Programmes Acquisition Officer
Job Ref: HR/CROSS/15/2018
Reporting to the Head of Content the Program Acquisition Officer will be responsible for the following:
- Research local and international TV trends, formats, finished programs.
- Identification of youth content for acquisition.
- Maintaining strong relationship with the representatives of international format owners and film studios.
- Communicating market trends and new content opportunities to internal and external partners.
- Developing finished program and foreign acquisition strategy of the channel.
- Participating in the development of long-term program planning, including program selection, planning, timing, seasoning.
- Supporting the Head of Content in the selection of international formats (e.g. reality, game show, talent show, entertainment).
- recommendations to the Head of Content regarding the acquisition of international finished programs (e.g. drama, comedy, scripted reality, lifestyle, factual entertainment).
- Participating in all aspects of negotiation (financial analysis and forecasting, contract drafting, security requirements, amendments).
The ideal candidate must possess a business degree with focus in Sales, Marketing, Commerce, Trade and a minimum of 5 years of TV programming and 3 years of TV content acquisition or TV content distribution experience.
- Demonstrated passion for and understanding of television contents.
- Core expertise in programming, acquisitions or distribution of finished films.
- A good working knowledge of the worldwide TV industry, TV formats and the broader media industry.
- Strong relationship with the world’s leading TV production companies and distributors.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills.
Applicants should submit the following:
– A one-page cover letter, explaining how your skills and experience apply to this role.
– A CV of no more than 3 pages, including the names of three professional references
– Please do not send copies of testimonials, certificates or any other back-up documentation.
Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications should send their applications clearly marked with the reference number to firstname.lastname@example.org addressed as below on or before 16th February 2018.
The Secretary General
Kenya Red Cross Society
P.O. Box 40712-00100,
Note: applications which do not meet the above requirements will not be considered.
Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.
Job disclaimer and notification: Kenya Red Cross Society is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge / accept any amount or security deposit from job seekers during the selection process or while inviting candidates for an interview.