Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
Job Vacancy: Regional Technical Advisor
Job Ref: 2018-012
Primary Functions: CRS East Africa Regional Office (EARO) provides support to country programs to ensure high quality programming and grant management.
The region, is comprised of 6 Country Programs (CPs) – Ethiopia, Kenya / Somalia, Sudan, South Sudan, Tanzania and Uganda.
The RTA will provide Safety and Security technical solutions to the EARO region and country programs for strategic planning, program design ¡n staff safety and security areas, and design of monitoring and evaluation systems including the provision of training to staff.
The Advisor leads the development of agency standards and strategies for Safety and Security and guides the region on their implementation.
Collaborates with relevant national and international security agencies and providers, through relationship building, information sharing representation and advocacy.
S/he will provide technical leadership and coordination to EARO CP teams to ensure that appropriate security systems and procedures are in place and are fully operational; provide strategic and technical input in the development and management of Safety and Security Plans; improve threat assessment and risk analysis processes.
S/he will also provide training and technical assistance to EARO CPs on security management decisions and processes including supporting security threat assessments and risk reduction workshops; advice the CPs and regional senior management on security management decisions, policies and practices.
S/he will interface with country-level security committees, staff and key contacts from other agencies, conduct initial security assessments before the opening of new CRS offices/programs and carry out regular assessments to review and monitor compliance.
- MSc. or equivalent degree required
- Formal technical training in security and safety is a plus. Past management roles with INGOs in unsecure environments is a plus;
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and advocacy skills. Ability to lead by influence and knowledge, rather than hierarchical authority.
- Ability to transfer knowledge and provide technical assistance and training
- 8 to 15 years of relevant working experience in an advisory or management role, preferably in East Africa. Previous relevant experience in a regional or complex country advisory role required.
- 50-60% travel, primarily within East African countries, and sometimes in remote areas with minimal amenities; often with short notice.
Written applications indicating the reference number of position applied for and CV including day-time contact phone numbers, as well as names and contact information of three references should reach the below-mentioned by Close of Business Thursday, 15th February, 2018.
Human Resources Manager
Catholic Relief Services – Kenya Program
Note: Catholic Relief Services (CRS) does not charge any fees from applicants for any recruitment.
Further, CRS has not retained any agent in connection with this recruitment.
CRS’ recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation