Job Vacancy: Deputy Head of School
Job Location: Nyandarua County
Our client is looking for a Deputy Head of School to responsible for all daily operations and administration of the Academy School under the guidance and in the absence of the Head of School.
He/she is responsible for promoting and maintaining a culture of academic excellence in a supportive and collaborative environment consistent with the School’s “whole child model,” directing all aspects of the academic program, including core curriculum advancement, standards of instruction, monitoring and evaluation of goals and impact, and pastoral care of students.
- Work flexibly and professionally with the Head of School, teachers, and colleagues at all levels to support the successful day-to-day management and administration of the School.
- Provide leadership on all aspects of School management in the absence of the Head of School.
- Assist the Head of School in actively monitoring and reviewing the quality of teaching and learning; including regular assessments, recordkeeping, and reporting students’ attainment to all statutory bodies.
- Develop and support clear policies and procedures to ensure outstanding performance.
- Assist the Head of School in the recruitment, performance management, coaching, training, and disciplinary plans for teachers and other School employees.
- Schedule, set the agenda, and attend all school meetings with teachers and staff.
- Plan and oversee the School’s assembly program, engaging teachers and other staff, as appropriate.
- Assist in setting School exam schedules and carrying out all exams consistent with established protocol.
- Participate in the marking of assessments, the preparation of teaching programs and the development of cross curriculum links.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education from a recognized University
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a school leadership position
- History of excellence as a teacher
- Proven leadership ability in school administration, curriculum development, program monitoring and evaluation, staff training and development, school improvement, and performance management
- Must be well-versed with the 8-4-4 curriculums
- Enthusiastic and positive attitude.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- A passion for education, social justice and children.
Salary: Ksh. 60,000 – 80,000 gross
Interested candidates who fully meet the above requirements should send their applications along with a detailed CV indicating current and expected salary and their daytime contact to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We do not charge any fees for receiving and reviewing applications or for interviews.
Deadline: 20th March 2018