Job Vacancy: Operations Manager – Distribution Company
Job Location: Nairobi
Job Salary: 150K
Our Client is a medium sized company based in Nairobi that imports and distributes a wide range of pesticides to farmers and farms in Kenya. They seek to hire an efficient, competent and reliable Operations manager.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement operational systems, processes and policies in support of the business including reporting, information flow and management, business processes and planning.
- Daily running of operations and people management
- Fleet management and quality control including maintenance of vehicles
- Fleet performance and oversight
- Reviewing and Managing Budgets
- Manage relationships with 3rd party service providers
- Co-ordination and management of field staff and activities
- Oversee custom clearance for imported products
- Ensure logistics team follows stock control policies and processes
- Develop and implement a business strategy so that both execution and KPIs are effectively managed and well accomplished.
- Continuously evaluating operational processes to enhance the efficiency and quality of deliverables
- Ensure the effective monitoring, control and support of service delivery, ensuring best practice systems, methodologies and procedures are followed by the teams
Skills and Qualifications
- A Degree in any business related field preferably Logistics or Operations Management.
- 5-7 years’ experience in operations or logistics management
- Demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and honesty.
- Excellent people management and supervisory skills, open to directives and commitment to get the job done efficiently.
- Past experience in operations management.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Team player with strong organizational and coordination skills; able to effectively establish optimal work schedules
- Analytical, factual, and ability to look at situations from several points of view.
- Able to drive initiatives and implement best practices in operations management
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Operations Manager – Distribution Company) to email@example.com on/before Friday, 9th March 2018.