Elysian Resort Runda is a new 3 star Residential Conference facility in Runda, Nairobi.
The Resort is looking to hire a full time night auditor
Purpose of the Job: The Night Auditor will assume full responsibility of the Resort in the night as he/she will automatically assume the role of Duty Manager and will ensure excellent guest experiences at night.
As the Night Auditor, he/she will close and reconcile all the financial transactions of the day and open fresh accounts for the coming day.
He will also draw operations reports for management that will be used to analyse performance of all the sales outlets in the Resort.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- To balance the account books after they arrive for their shift and close the books for that day
- To look for any mistakes in the entries made by the front desk clerks and rectify them using the receipts issued
- To manage the front desk during the night shift – welcoming guests, taking calls and billing late checkout
- To coordinate with the accountant of the hotel and draw reports about the entire transactions to the manager
- To help the accountant in calculating the taxes for the hotel, as this business is heavily taxed by the government
- To help balance all the financial account in the end of the financial year
- The night auditors are given possession of all the keys during their shift and hence, they have to manage all the keys and employees during night time
- Before closing the shift they prepare all the banking documentation
- They assume the full management responsibility at night:
- To handle all security issues
- Supervise all operational outlets – room service, kitchen and housekeeping overnight teams
- Coordinate all late check-ins and ensure that guests in the hotel have a positive experience
- Must have a Diploma or Certificate in Front Office Operations from a recognized institution
- CPA Section 1
- Must have worked in a similar position in a 4 or 5 star hotel for a minimum period of 3 years
- Knowledge of the Uniform System of Accounts for Lodges & General accounting Knowledge
- Knowledge of the Hotel Management Systems
How to Apply:
Qualified applicants should send their applications to reach the undersigned email on or before 2nd March, 2018