Elysian Resort Runda is a new 3 star Residential Conference facility in Runda, Nairobi.
The Resort is looking to hire a full time Barista.
Purpose of the Job: The Barista is a coffee expert who through their customer service excellence skills; and their enthusiasm for coffee will promote the consumption of coffee by preparing and serving a variety of speciality coffee drinks and other hot and cold beverages along with pastries and cookies.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Welcomes customers by determining their coffee interests and needs.
- Educates customers by presenting and explaining the coffee drink menu; answering questions.
- Sells coffees by explaining differences in coffee recipes and other beverage recipes
- Prepares and sells coffee drinks by following prescribed recipes and preparation techniques for coffee drinks, such as, expresso, expresso lungo, caffe latte, and cappuccino.
- Generates revenues by attracting new customers; defining new and expanded services and products.
- Maintains inventories by replenishing coffee bean and other beverage supply, pastries, and cookies for coffee bar.
- Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following organization standards and sanitation regulations.
- Improves quality results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes; implementing changes; maintaining and improving the appearance of the coffee bar.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading coffee, retail trade, and food service publications; maintaining personal networks.
- Enhances coffee shop reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Enhances profitability of the Coffee bar through prudent cost control measures in the outlet
- A front of house course certificate from a reputable hospitality institution
- F&B Service technics
- At least 2 year working experience in a similar position in a 4 star hotel with 1 year as a coffee specialist and two years in a customer service position
- Wine, cocktails and alcoholic drinks knowledge is an added advantage.
How to Apply:
Qualified applicants should send their applications to reach the undersigned email on or before 2nd March, 2018.