Elysian Resort Runda is a new 3 star Residential Conference facility in Runda, Nairobi.
The Resort is looking to hire a full time Purchasing Officer.
Purpose of the Job: To ensure a robust, lean and efficient procurement process through policy, process and continuous review and adherence.
The Purchasing Officer is an integral member of the Operations team and will work closely with Finance manager (who he reports to); the Chef, Executive Housekeeper and the F&B Coordinator to ensure that all procurement standards and targets are achieved.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensuring continuity in supply of effective items to user departments
- Control of purchase requisitions and purchase orders in accordance with company policy.
- Ensuring effective procedures are in place for the receipt, checking and verification of goods and services in line with purchase orders and contracts.
- Maintenance of the company’s procurement system and its database.
- Researching and identifying new products and suppliers
- Negotiating with suppliers to obtain goods and services for the best price and value
- Initiating tender processes from potential suppliers thereafter evaluating & making recommendations to the board of directors
- Identify cost saving & performance improvement opportunities
- Assessing implications of price changes on the Resort, and assisting in cost reduction processes
- Building effective working relationships both internally and with key suppliers
- Maintenance of an exhaustive contract database.
- Reviewing supplier contracts to ensure they best fit the Resort’s requirements
- Have minimum three years’ experience in a purchasing role, preferably from within the hospitality industry
- An O level Certificate holder with a diploma in procurement from a recognized institution
- Previous use of Opera or Fidelio Hotel Management System
- Have strong IT skills including MS Office and use of an integrated purchasing system
- Possess good written and verbal communication skills
How to Apply:
Qualified applicants should send their applications to reach the undersigned email on or before 2nd March, 2018