Elysian Resort Runda is a new 3star Residential Conference facility in Runda, Nairobi.
The Resort is looking to hire a full time Head of Security.
Purpose of the Job: The purpose of having a Head of Security is to protect and safeguard all hotel guests, employees and all their belongings. This is in addition to protecting and safeguarding all hotel assets and in ensuring that the Resort, its properties are secure at all times and minimizes crime taking place on the facility
He/she oversees the outsourced security firm and the security systems which protect guests, workers and the resort.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Initiating or maintaining policies and procedures for general safety and security
- Training of staff for emergency procedures
- Carrying out Inspections relating to hotel security
- Calling for regular security meetings
- Supervising the security team effectively (eg. checking that security staff do their jobs properly)
- Maintaining good working relationships with management and members of other departments
- Initiates tactics aimed at crime prevention and leads criminal activity investigations when crime happens
- Introduces and maintains security systems which include surveillance systems, door locking systems and master-keys management; as well as control of restricted areas.
- Keeping up-to-date with world news and hospitality security trends as well as plenty of other duties.
- Manages all safety and security initiatives including fire safety, food hygiene risks and ensures staff follow laid down safety procedures
- Oversees and guides the efforts of both the Accidents prevention and Fire and Safety Committee.
- Ensures compliance with all security standards and preventive measures
- A certificate or diploma from a recognised law enforcement or military academy
- At least 5 years’ experience in corporate security/law enforcement/ military preferably worked in a hospitality environment
- Exposure to hospitality environment
- Proficient in CCTV systems, fire and safety systems
- Deep understanding of the local security system and tactic to gather security intelligence
- Knowledge of HACCP in hygiene and safety, and Fire and safety regulations
- Knowledge of OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration ) requirements and WIBA ( Work Injury Benefit Act)
How to Apply:
Qualified applicants should send their applications to reach the undersigned email on or before 2nd March, 2018