The Competition Authority of Kenya (the Authority) is a statutory Agency established under the Competition Act No.12 of 2010.
The Authority’s mandate is to promote and safeguard competition and also protect consumers from unfair and misleading market conduct.
The Authority invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the following position:
Analyst I, Enforcement & Compliance
Cartels and Exemptions Investigations
- Investigate restrictive trade practices (agreements / concerted practices and abuse of dominance)
- Assist in carrying out economic analysis of RTPs and conduct specific market inquiries
- Evaluate applications for exemptions
- Participate in awareness creation
- Participate in formulating guidelines on restrictive trade practices (agreements, abuse of dominance and exemption applications)
- Participate in RTP cases hearing conference and settlement agreement hearing where necessary
- Implement the Authority’s decisions and ensure compliance
- Participate in the formulation of Restrictive Trade Practices Guidelines
- Manage Case files
- Participate in Departmental meetings
Education and Knowledge
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics/Law/Business related field;
- Knowledge in Competition Law/Policy; and
- Proficiency in ICT.
- At least five (5) experience in Competition Policy/Law gained from a reputable Organization; and
- Experience in investigations
Skills and Competencies
- Ability to write complex reports;
- Analytical skills; and
- Ability to communicate both internally and externally
If you possess the above qualifications, please write quoting the Job Reference and Title on both the application letter and envelope accompanied by an up-to-date curriculum vitae, indicating your current and expected remuneration and other benefits, academic and professional qualifications, work experience, your e-mail and telephone contacts.
Your curriculum vitae should indicate names, phone numbers, postal and email addresses of at least three (3) referees who are familiar with your previous academic/work experience. Please attach copies of your educational, professional certificates, identity card or passport.
The applications should either be sent by post, e-mail, or hand delivered to the Authority’s offices located at Kenya Railways HQs Block “D” Ground floor, to be received on or before 12th March, 2018, by 5 P.M. addressed to:
The Director-General Competition Authority of Kenya
P O Box 36265 – 00200
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
CAK is “an Equal Opportunity Employer” Women, Youth and Persons living with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Canvassing of any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
Please note that, applications without all the specified attachments will not be considered.
If you do not hear from us by 30th April, 2018, consider your application unsuccessful.