Job Title: Regional Administration and Finance Officer
Team: Southern African Regional Team
Job Location: Cape Town, South Africa
Post holder reports to: Head of Region
Staff reporting to this post: None
Scale Level: Officer 1
Salary Range: 9,641 – 14,508 Rands
Job Purpose and Reporting: Reporting to the Head of Region, s/he is responsible for performing financial, administrative and logistics tasks to support the Head of Region, the Regional Team and the Board to efficiently manage Southern Africa Network and the smooth running of the regional office.
Key Performance Areas
- Prepare and maintain cash controls ,reconciliation of bank statements, process invoices and purchase order systems in accordance with the FTA financial policies
- Develop procedures and oversee controls in issuing all payments and cheques ensuring timely payments
- Maintain, reconcile and advise on updating the general ledger
- Prepare and reconcile bank statements
- Issue invoices, receive payments and maintain the sales ledger
- Ensure transactions are properly recorded and entered into the computerized accounting system
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and yearly financial statements as required by FTA Board, policies and procedures.
- Prepare periodic reports on variances as required by Projects, Management and Board of Directors
- Assist with the regional annual audits
- Maintain the computerized accounting system
- Maintain financial files and records to substantiate transactions and audit
- Maintain the office petty cash and staff imprest systems
- Safeguard assets by ensuring proper recording keeping
- Assist with preparation and consolidation of SAN budgets
- Assist in development and regionalization of FTA financial policies and procedures
- Responsible to ensure local tax laws and regulations are adhered by withholding, remitting and paying all taxes due and in due time.
- Advise and update the Head of Region and Finance Manager on all matters relating to local tax laws and regulations.
Administration and Logistics Support
- Gathering and collating information for tasks initiated by the Head of Region
- Liaising with staff and external contacts on behalf of the Head of Region
- Arranging all travels (national, regional and international), transfers and accommodation bookings for HOR and members of the Board, staff and assistance during their stay
- In liaison with Business Development Advisors and Business Support Officers organize and arrange producer visits for the Head of Region and any visitors
- Supporting logistics for all travel for the Regional Team
- Under direction and guidance of the HoR and Member and Partnerships Manager provide administrative assistance to Board of
- Directors including organizing itineraries for partner Directors coming from outside South Africa.
- During Regional Board meetings ensuring availability of meeting rooms, external venues, equipment, materials and catering arrangements as required
Human Resource Support
- Ensure compliance with relevant labour legislation for all countries in the SAN and Human Resources and Administration policies, procedures and guidelines
- Prepare and administer the staff payroll and ensure statutory deductions are administered in time
- Support field recruitment exercises by setting and organizing interviews appointments, interview folders, and sending out regret letters.
- Liaise with the HR and Administration Manager and the Head of Region to ensure timely renewal processes for contracts
- Lead in joining formalities for incoming local staff and prepare their induction programmes
- Monitor and track staff leave types and status ensuring regular updating of the leave database and status report sent out to line managers, in coordination with line managers and advice accordingly.
- Update and ensure staff medical, Group life & Group personal accident insurance eligibility lists are current.
- Creating and maintaining employee files, including CVs, employee certificates, employees bio-data, performance management forms, exit interview and leaver forms and ensure that all staff files and records are up to-date at all times.
- Responsible for reporting monthly payroll changes e.g. new hires, exits, change in salaries, promotions, etc.
- Support in pension administration by maintaining all pension records, including information on employer and employee contributions.
- Application for work permits, Special passes and dependent passes for the international staff.
- Prepare & submit HR & payroll reports to the HoR and HR and Administration Manager.
Office facilities and Administration
- Providing administrative support including hosting visitors and resolving a range of administrative problems and inquiries.
- Maintaining an up to date office asset register and corresponding Asset Insurance
- Coordinate office equipment maintenance and repairs to ensure equipment are in good working conditions
- Ensuring timely payment of utility bills (water, electricity, internet,) and Office occupancy Sort, review, screen and distribute incoming and outgoing mail; prepare, compose and ensure timely responses to a variety of routine written inquiries.
- Establish rapport with suppliers and prepare engagement contracts
- Manage office procurement processes by ensuring that competitive bidding has been done; prepare contract with vendor and maintain contract after award, ensuring that all documents are kept current and complete.
Knowledge and Experience
- A degree in Business Administration, HR, Finance or related courses
- Experience in working with Not for Profit Non-Governmental Organizations
- Proven experience in financial accounting
- At least 3 years’ experience of providing administrative support, HR and Finance
- Analytical and financial skills with qualification in accounting being an added advantage
- Proven ability to write clear and concise letters, papers and reports for internal and external use
- Experience of collating information to provide initial short briefing documents
- Demonstrable skills in using MS Office applications especially Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Ability to organize and plan work on own initiative, as well as working with a variety of different people
- Ability to handle varied, demanding and complex tasks
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English
- Practical knowledge of French or Portuguese will be an added advantage
- Experience of providing administrative support
- Knowledge of Ethical Trade and Fairtrade in particular
- Strong background in events coordination and HR
- Experience in developing and tracking of budget
Application (Deadline Wednesday 21st February 2018)
If you have any queries, please e-mail email@example.com or call +254202721930 and ask to speak to a member of the HR team.
Qualified applicants will be subjected to background checks as a condition of employment.
Completed applications should be saved in the applicant’s name and the position (Region Administration and Finance Officer), and be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applicants should state how they meet essential requirements of the post and include their email address, telephone contacts and three referees with contact details on the application form.