Exciting Career Opportunities
The Aga Khan Hospital, Mombasa is an institution of Aga Khan Health Services, Kenya which is an Agency of Aga Khan Development Network. The hospital is part of an integrated health system that includes Hospitals and outreach health centers across East Africa. AKHS is one of the most comprehensive private not-for-profit health care systems in the developing world.
The hospital seeks to recruit an ideal candidate for the following position:-
- Reporting to the Medical Director, the Family Physician will be responsible for effective management and care of patients with the aim of ensuring optimal delivery of quality patient care and actively participate in quality improvement and provision of medical education services.
- Provide comprehensive medical services for members of family, regardless of age, sex on continuing basis
- Elicits and records information about patients medical history
- Orders or executes various tests, analyses and diagnostic images to provide information on patients condition
- Analyses reports and diagnoses condition of patient
- Promotes health by analyzing patients concerning hygiene, and methods for prevention of disease
- Provides prenatal care to pregnant women, delivers babies and postnatal care to mothers and infants
- Performs surgical procedures commensurate with surgical competencies
- Refers patients to medical specialists for consultant services whenever necessary for patient’s wellbeing
- Works continually to assure deliverance of quality clinical care in a safe, efficient, effective, competent and effective manner
- Prepare records and reports as required in support of services rendered in accordance with established procedures
- Attend and participate in patient care reports, patient care conferences, team conferences, professional staff conferences and other appropriate professional activities
Required qualifications, attributes and experience
- Possession of a Degree of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBChB) plus Master of Medicine (M.Med) in Family Physician.
- Two years’ experience post-residency training
- Current KPMDB certification for family Medicine and MBChB
- An added specialty will be an added advantage
- Certification in ACLS and ATLS will be an added advantage
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate effectively and diplomatically, and to work flexibly and independently with multiple reporting relationships.
- Well versed in the required discipline, the individual should also be a team player and computer literate
Candidates are invited to upload a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or via AKDN Career Centre at www.akdn.org/careers
Deadline of submitting application is on 2nd March 2018
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
“Aga Khan Hospital, Mombasa is an equal opportunity Employer”