Our client a Financial Institution is looking for a General Manager – Microfinance to lead in the Business Development .below is the Job Description .please use the application details below
Job Ref: 201802212
Reports To: Chief Executive Officer
Direct Reports: Credit officers and Customer Care Officers
Overall Responsibility: Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the position is responsible for operations strategies and business growth to deliver effective and profitable operation of the business, and enhance the Company’s profile in the market place.
He/she will be responsible lending, branch network management, product development, marketing, customer experience, policy development, and application of internal controls.
Key Tasks, Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop plans for business growth & profitability targets of the Company.
- Monitor and evaluate the branch performance to generate a healthy portfolio on a monthly basis, including client satisfaction metrics.
- Supervise the field operations team comprising of Credit officers , and Customer Care Officers to ensure they perform their duties optimally.
- Ensure organizational quality through review, update, implementation and adherence to agreed policies, procedures and manuals.
- Prepare budgets, annual business plans and operational plans.
- Oversee credit risk framework, implement credit strategies, policies and procedures in line with the company’s corporate strategy and ensure compliance.
- Implement the microfinance plan focusing on increasing the outreach of the Company through the opening of new branches, and development of new credit and non-funded products.
- Lead in finance generation for onward lending to customers
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Key Performance Indicators
- Statutory compliance
- Return on Investment (ROI)
- Accurate investment advice on projects – time , scope and budgets
- Budget / forecast accuracy
- Timely planning / cash management/ investment advise
- Systems control
- Accuracy of Microfinance reports
- A Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in business administration, management, finance, economics, commerce or equivalent from a reputable university.
- At least over 5 years relevant experience in comparable positions in terms of responsibility in banking, microfinance or similar organization in an operations line-management role.
- Experience in credit origination and credit risk assessment in a lending environment coupled with mobilization and delivery channel development .
- Flexible and resourceful; the ability to work in a start-up
- Acquaintance with the MIS & Accounting systems for day to day microfinance operations;
- A thorough understanding of microfinance performance metrics/indicators and the ability to interpret and process operations data;
Behavioural competencies Level
- Analytical Thinking
- Customer orientation
- Communication skills
- Holding People accountable
- Leadership and developing others
- Financial Acumen
- Budget formulation and monitoring
- Financial Analysis and Reporting
- Capacity building
- Financial Planning Management and Internal Controls
- Supply chain and Risk management
Interested candidates who fully meet the above requirements should send their applications along with a detailed Curriculum Vitae indicating expected salary and their daytime contact to email@example.com (Subject of the email should be the title of the POSITION APPLIED FOR + JOB REF).
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
We do not charge any fees for receiving and reviewing applications or for interviews