KMET Vocational Training Centre is a registered Institution with both TIVET and NITA based in Kisumu, Tom Mboya Estate offering Courses in Food and Beverage, Tailoring and Dress making, Beauty and Hairdressing Trainings.
The Centre is looking for the services of a Food and Beverage Tutor
- Training and equipping the students with related skills.
- Sourcing of employment and internship opportunities for students.
- Sourcing of guest lectures and organizing field visits and industry exposures for the students.
- Ensure students on internship fill their logbooks.
- Maintain an up to date record of students.
- Ensure students maintain highest levels of discipline at all times.
- Accompany students when going for interviews.
- Source for credible mentors to mentor the students.
- Participate in road shows to recruit students to the program.
- Follow up with students both on internship and placement to support them and get feedback on their progress.
- Ensure that students attend classes as required.
- Provide students with resources for studying.
- Link the youth with potential employers.
Academic and professional qualifications
- Diploma in Food and Beverage/Food Production or related field.
- Minimum two (2) years working experience in the related field.
- Must have passion working with young girls and women.
Technical knowledge, skills and competencies
- Good Networking skills a must.
- Proven computer literacy in MS-Word, MS-Excel MS-Access or related programs required;
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines;
- Ability to interact positively with other employees, to promote a team effort and maintain a positive and professional approach.
- Ability to meet deadlines and handle diverse tasks simultaneously using prioritization.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent Presentation and report writing skills.
How to Apply
To express interest in this opportunity, Drop your CV, clearly indicating your expected salary to:
KMET Vocational Training Centre (Sisterhood for Change)
Tom Mboya Estate
Along Kondele – Nyawita Bypass Kisumu
P.O. Box 6805-40103,
Tel: +254 710 806 160
by 1st March 2018,
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Ladies are encouraged to Apply.