Job Vacancy: Freelance / Virtual HR Assistant
Reports to: Managing Director
Job Location: Nairobi
Job Summary / Purpose: You will be required to understand and match the needs of our clients by providing quality tailored HR support services whilst continually meeting target.
This is partly a home-based opportunity where the candidate will work on project/task basis. The candidate will also work from the clients’ offices and sites.
Key duties and responsibilities
Client Management Roles
- Understand and interpret client HR needs
- Serve clients, identify their needs and provide feedback on requests made
- Support client requirements in line with key processes and legislation
- Meet Clients when requested and gather info on client processes
- Implement on agreed client deliverables as per service level agreements
- Network internally and externally with clients and advice organizations on best practice in HR management.
- Benchmark on HR best practice and innovation
Human Resource and Administration Support Roles
- Develop Performance Management, Learning and Development, HR policies and procedures and HR manuals/handbooks
- Prepare personnel files, staff correspondence letters, documentation, statutory regulations and assist the clients in database management
- Process documentations and prepare reports relating to Human Resource activities
- Prepare employment contracts and other documents relating to terms and conditions of employment and joining formalities for new staff and casuals
- Manage employment contracts records; liaise with the clients to ensure timely renewal
- Collate learning needs and prepare a Training Needs Analysis
- May be required to conduct certain training
- Prepare and maintain accurate and up-to-date staff training and performance management records
- Keep in regular contact to review progress and performance
- Ensure records are kept in line with Kenya legislative requirements
- Any other duties as required
Skills and Qualifications
- A Bachelors degree in Human resources (desirable) and a post graduate diploma in HR (mandatory)
- At least two (2) years working experience in a busy HR office (preferably small to medium sized businesses) handling generalist HR matters
- Excellent knowledge and experience of generalist HR issues, including the Kenya Labour Laws, interpretation and application of policies and procedures, training, rewards and employee relations.
- Experience in developing contracts and job offers with clients
- Experience in HR consulting will be an added advantage
- Must work within deadlines, be a responsive and energetic team player
- Must have excellent expertise in using MS Office (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Email and Internet)
- Proven ability to make effective judgments on available data/knowledge
- You must have the ability to build relationships, interact sensitively to achieve work goals
- You should have strong planning and organization skills with proven ability to identify the steps to be taken to achieve objectives
- Creativity and innovativeness
- Ability to solve complex people related business issues
- An avid reader and content developer will enjoy this job
- Must be able to work fully without supervision
- Must demonstrate ability to be objective and mature when dealing with work related conflict
- Must be confident as candidate will interact with all levels of employees and business owners
- Must be compliant with all the requirements of the HR profession in Kenya
- Must have excellent command of written English
General information for applicants
Compensation: Compensation paid will be on the basis of a project, daily rate, or in some cases, a percentage of amount invoiced to the client for some assigned projects.
Duty Station: The selected candidate will work a lot from home. You will therefore be required to have your own computer/laptop and reliable Internet.
Hours and Duration of employment: For competent, result oriented and dependable candidates, this can be a long-term job. The hours will be as per the requirement of task.
To avoid conflict of interest due to workload and competing work deadlines, candidates with full time jobs may not be considered
How to apply:
Interested candidates should email their updated CV, quoting the job title (Virtual HR assistant) in the email subject to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 5th March 2018.
Only those shortlisted will be contacted.