Preamble: The water sector in Kenya is undergoing major reforms aimed at improving the overall management of the sector. The reforms are premised on the National Policy on Water Resources Management and Development of 1999 and the Water Act 2002.
These instruments have set up institutional and regulatory framework embracing broader principles of decentralization, participation, autonomy, sustainability and efficiency in service delivery.
It is with this background that eight water services boards have been established across the country Rift Valley Water Services Board being one of the.
Pursuant to section 53 of the Water Act 2002, The Rift Valley Water Services Board is responsible for the efficient and economical provision of water services within its area of jurisdiction, which covers seven counties of West Pokot, Turkana, Elgeyo-Marakwet, Baringo, Nakuru, Nyandarua and Narok.
The Rift Valley Water Services Board, therefore, is seeking to recruit qualified, visionary and dynamic professionals to the following position:
General Manager – Corporate Services
Job Ref. RWB/HR/GM- CS/03/2018
The General Manager – Corporate Services will be reporting to the Chief Executive Officer responsible for, Corporate Services Functions of the Board.
He / She will further be charged with the responsibility of supervising, monitoring and implementation of functional objectives under the Finance Manager, Human Resources and Administration Manager, Planning and Strategy Manager, Corporate Communications Manager and Information Technology Manager
- Negotiating and signing the performance contract of the Board with the Chief Executive Officer
- Signing performance contract with line managers
- Ensuring that the performance Targets are achieved
- Formulating and implementing sound financial policies, human resources policies, strategies and systems
- Managing and all the Board’s internal and external financial reporting budgeting, and forecasting requirements
- Overseeing production of timely and accurate monthly, quarterly and annual reports from all the divisions under your supervision.
- Implementing financial accounting systems
- Ensuring adequate controls that support the Boards. Financial operations efficiency and compliance
- Procuring and distributing the Boards office equipments, services and assets
- Overseeing management of human capital and administration function of the Board.
- Contributing to the Preparation of the Boards, statutory and other reports required by Government or development partners
- Contributing to the review and implementation of the Board’s strategic plan
- Preparing and submitting quarterly and annual reports and performance reports of the department
- Participation in the preparation of the Board’s, quarterly and annual performance reports of the Board.
- Engagement of stakeholders in decision making and preparation of annual stakeholder’s forum.
- Provision of strategic leadership
a) Must have a bachelors degree in Commerce, Applied Statistics, Economics, Business Management or its equivalent
b) Must have CPA (K)
c) Must be a registered member of ICPAK
d) At Least ten (10) years experience in a relevant field in the public service of which five (5) years must be in management
e) Those with a post graduate qualification in a relevant field will have an added advantage
- Demonstrate familiarity with donor funded projects and familiarity with water sector management
- Sound knowledge and application of public finance management and public procurement procedures
- Self driven and capable of working with minimum supervision
- Must show and have ability to Multitask
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills
- Must be of age 40 and above
The successful candidate will be offered the position of General Manager – Corporate Services on an initial three (3) year contract and renewable subject to job performance.
Remuneration will be base on the Board’s Salary Structure directed and issued by the Salaries and Remuneration Commission.
Other requirements that a successful candidate will be required to possess are:
- A valid Police Clearance Certificate (Certificate of good conduct) from directorate of Criminal Investigation;
- A Clearance Certificate by Higher Educational Loans Board
- A Clearance Certificate by Credit Reference Bureau
- Certificate of tax compliance from Kenya Revenue Authority
Rift Valley Water Services Board is an equal opportunity employer and respects diversity. Without sacrificing merit people living with disability are encouraged to apply.
If you possess the attributes for the General Manager Corporate Services, please submit your application including your CV, Remuneration Expectations, day and evening telephone numbers to;
The Ag. Chief Executive Officer,
Rift Valley Water Services Board
P. O. Box 2451-20100
OR Hand delivered to the Board Tender Box on or before 13th March, 2018
Note: Kindly indicate the reference number of the post you are applying for on top of the envelope.