Our Client, is a leading supplier of commodities and has additional business in the manufacturing of concrete poles for electricity transmission.
They are inviting applications from dynamic professionals to fill in the following position in their Nairobi office:
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the General Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day management and the overall responsibility for business operations.
The incumbent will be required to recruit and manage staff performance so as to meet revenue and cost goals as well as increase operating efficiency.
- Directing, monitoring and coordinating business units to ensure that they are operating efficiently and effectively within budgetary limits
- Managing staff, preparing work schedules and assigning specific duties
- Establishing measurable KPI’s and managing staff to achieve KPI’s
- Reviewing financial reports, sales and activity reports, and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine areas needing cost reduction and program improvement
- Establishing and implementing business unit policies, goals, objectives, and procedures, in consultation with Managing Director
- Determining staffing requirements, recruiting and managing optimal staff complement to achieve organizational goals
- Directing and coordinating organization’s financial and budget activities to fund operations, maximize investments, and increase efficiency
- Driving accountability for adherence to standard practice back to the management team to ensure the provision of accurate information and the appropriate use of reports prepared for the business;
- Stock-take follow-up and analysis, preparation, evaluation and reconciliation of stock takes and variance of cumulative works orders
- Assisting Factory Manager in interpretation and analysis of factory activities
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 7 years’ progressive managerial experience with at least 3 years at a senior level. Experience in manufacturing sector a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in (in a business related field) from a recognised accredited university. MBA a plus. CPA(K) an advantage
- Strong commercial attitude with the ability to think strategically
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Proven capability to provide useful insights and pragmatic solutions to business challenges
- Knowledge and experience related to supply chain and manufacturing operations and preparation of analysis reports
- Proficiency in MS Excel and other MS Office products
- Experience with ERP will be an added advantage
- Highly organized with a high sense of urgency and attentive to detail
- Good written, verbal communication and collaborative skills
- Strong project management skills – ability to manage various projects in a fast paced, deadline driven environment and see them through to successful completion
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org by 27th February 2018 clearly stating the subject heading “GENERAL MANAGER”.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.