Job Vacancy: General Manager
Summary of Position: The candidate should be able to grow business volumes by bringing events to the club and taking the lead role in directing restaurant / club operations, organizing events and marketing operations management to deliver a delightful experience.
Standards of Performance
- Strategic Focus.
- Spearhead Marketing Strategies & Brand Creation
- Meet budgeted targets.
- Financial Accountability.
- Team Building
Duties and Responsibilities
Strategic / Operations Management
- Develops and implements the strategic plan, Entertainment plan, budget and Goals program to ensure on an on-going basis optimum guest satisfaction, sales potential and profitability.
- Manages the function of all restaurant personnel through supervision of second in command and, directly or indirectly, of Unit departmental heads.
- Monitors present and future trends, practices and systems in the hospitality industry and determines ad ensure execution of competitive programs.
- Conducts weekly inspections and ensures physical facilities are kept in optimal condition by full implementation of preventive maintenance programs and judicious planning.
- Is responsible for security and safety of guest and employees and ensures emergency procedures are established, well publicized, practiced and enforced.
- Established and maintains effective internal communication including weekly department head meeting to ensure optimum teamwork and productivity.
- Establishes and maintains effective communication with owning company and keeps fully aware of its organizations and operating structures.
- To be fully aware, and ensure your teams awareness of :
- Licensing regulations and laws.
- Employers Fire Safety regulations.
- Health and Safety regulations.
- Food Safety regulations.
- HACCP regulations.
- Ensures highest level of guest satisfaction by providing, within corporate standards, quality guest services and amenities.
- Participates actively in selling their restaurant/Club through personal involvement with all potential markets.
- Contributes to TH growth by identifying and communicating potential development opportunities.
- Plan with the marketing department effective themes that meet required financial performance.
- Oversees and directs the personnel function of the club in liaison with the HR including recruitment, hiring, orientation, coaching, counseling, training, wage and salary administration, labor relations, performance appraisal and succession planning.
- Monitors applicable laws and regulations and ensures compliance
- Establishes and maintain effective employee relations
- Develops recognition programs, advertising and promotion campaigns to obtain greatest market awareness and patronage
- Ensure adherence to the department’s Standards of Procedure and ensure that your team has full knowledge of the same and to provide training if and when necessary to your team to fill any skill gaps.
Purchasing and Finance
- Monitors purchasing practices to ensure compliance with TH policy and procedures
- Approves all purchases in liaison with the controller and the procurement officer.
- Expenses all company expenditures in accordance to the Procurement SOPs.
- Performs other assignments as defined by the needs of the property or as directed by the HR/CEO.
- Cash Flow Management.
- Diploma / Certificate in Hospitality with a bias in F&B from a recognized institution.
- Certificate in Events / Project Management an added advantage.
- At least 5-7 years’ experience in the hospitality industry (CLUB SET UP).
- Strategic Focus with good business acumen.
- Conversant with the Restaurant POS (point of sale) system.
- Good Communication / presentation skills.
- Good understanding of all items contained within the menu’s and wine lists.
- Good knowledge of the products in hospitality industry.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should email their CV and Application letter only to; email@example.com Cc to firstname.lastname@example.org so as to reach us by February 20, 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
State your expected salary on the subject line.