Partners for Good
Job Title: Program Assistant
Reports To: Chief of Party
Job Summary: The Program Assistant (PA) will provide administrative and coordination support to AIMS program activities under the direction of the Chief of Party to ensure efficient and effective operations and activities and delivery of high-quality services.
The PA provides administrative, procurement, logistic and planning support to the AIMS program.
S/he also is the key liaison to procurement, logistics and other office support services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Schedules appointments and meetings for staff including reserving meeting space and equipment.
- Maintains program calendars and sends out reminders of impending appointments.
- Monitors program work plans and ensures that it is updated.
- Serves as administrator for work plan system and trouble shoot on issues.
- Support draw process by reviewing draws for consistency, preparing approved activity draw for submission to finance and program management teams.
- Supports in drafting of reports and letters and other documents as requested.
- Support business advisory process.
- Maintains physical and electronic program records including ensuring SharePoint and Podio files are up to date and supporting data entry.
- Attends staff meetings and takes minutes.
- Assists in planning and overseeing program events.
- Prepares information packets for meetings and events.
- Supports the development of Power Points and other presentations for staff.
- Supports procurement of program requests in coordination with procurement department including off-site business meetings, trainings and events, supplies.
- Support the reconciliation of AIMS program inventory for all the three country offices
- Organizes transport including approvals and booking of flights and lodging
- Monitors and updates travel plans for AIMS
- Helps update and maintain manuals including organizing reviews.
- Acts as liaison between different departments including finance, procurement and logistics, and IT
- Monitors program email and ensure timely responses following up with appropriate technical and management staff on the responses.
- Adheres to Global Communities Kenya office Standards of Professionalism
- Maintains strict confidentiality of all privileged information
The duties listed above are not inclusive of all the duties of the position at Global Communities International. Global Communities reserves the right to change and update position descriptions at any time.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Administration, Marketing, Economics, IT, Agriculture or other business related topics. Experience in agriculture a plus.
- Other supplementary training and experience in software and IT applications relevant to the position.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 3 years of experience providing support to donor-funded programs
- Previous exposure to small and medium enterprises (SMEs) engaged in agribusiness development is preferred
- Competent in use of software designed for statistical analysis, graphic illustrations, charts, maps, etc.
- Sensitive to cultural differences when working with NGO partners, and able to adapt Global Communities policies and procedures to the local context
- Proven organization, record keeping and administration skills
- Ability to work constructively in a team
- Good written and verbal communication skills; able to fit in broader reporting matrix
- Ability to interact clearly and effectively with Program counterparts
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills.
- Exhibits ability to multitask on a regular basis.
- Pays close attention to detail.
- Is proficient in the use of Microsoft programs such as Word, Excel, and Power Point and Podio
- Excellent command of English language including written and spoken English
- Effective use of written and spoken Kiswahili
- Based in the Nairobi office; travel outside of Nairobi as required to perform duties;
- Able to sit at a computer and operate a keyboard, for extended periods of time
How to Apply
Apply via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please Quote the position title on the email subject while sending your application, attach your CV and cover letter, to be received not later than 3rd March 2018.
Global Communities is an equal opportunity employer