Automobile Association of Kenya is a national motoring association founded in 1919 and dedicated to promoting and safeguarding the interests and safety of member motorist while on the road.
AA’s long heritage, international affiliation, countrywide branch network and a team of highly qualified professional and technical team, assures our members of a stress free motoring experience.
The association takes leadership in vehicle valuation & inspection, driving school, road rescue services, insurance brokerage, driver reference bureau, international driving permits and carnet de passé, defensive driving training, mileage guidance, among other services.
To support its growth strategy, the Association seeks to recruit a highly motivated professional to fill in the following position:
Head of Business Development
Reporting to the Director General, the role is responsible for driving the Association’s business development agenda, development of the annual sales revenue budgets, research, and customer service.
This includes marketing, sales, product development and customer service. We are looking for a highly motivated and forward-thinking person to lead our sales team and branch managers. He should be a critical thinker with a proven record of success in expanding company objectives and exceeding business goals.
1. Develop a short and long term value based business strategy:
- Management of all strategic and operational Marketing and Customer Relationship activities.
- Drive the implementation of the strategy to ensure that it aligns the functional areas under direct control to the overall strategy of the Association, ensuring all targets are achieved.
- Maximize profitability across the current and future products, and channel portfolios.
- Ensure implementation and execution of all sales and marketing strategies in the region.
2. Customer Service delivery
- Profiling the market and identifying potential clients, negotiating and holding business meetings and recruiting new clients while maintaining AA services in the country.
- Developing, maintaining, and sustaining rapport and business relations with key accounts by making periodic visits, exploring specific needs anticipating new opportunities.
- Developing and implementing customer retention strategies for the Association.
3. Market activation
- Planning and Implementing all regional brand awareness campaigns, promotional activities/events and represent the Association in key partner events, business and GoK forums and activities.
- Undertaking market research through monitoring competitors activities, market trends and products, collecting information on consumer feedback regarding products and services.
- Managing the direct sale proposition
4. Financial and Process improvement
- Driving increased revenue and surplus to achieve the Association`s ambitious growth.
- Providing market feedback to the Association regarding competitive offerings, prospect needs and generate product development ideas.
- Ensuring company credit policy and Quality Management Systems (QMS) are implemented.
- Preparing weekly, monthly and quarterly sales & marketing reports to the Director General for decision making.
- Negotiating sales contracts with customers and ensuring their profitability.
5. Performance Management
- Providing leadership to the Branch Managers, Customer service and the sales team.
- Directing, monitoring and ensuring departmental performance goals and targets are met.
- Managing, motivating, coaching, mentoring, monitoring, appraising and evaluating the sales team with a view to develop a high performance team.
- Ensuring talented staff are recruited, developed and managed for optimal performance.
- Identifying training needs and implement development plans.
- Manage performance and discipline of the team.
Minimum job requirements:
For appointment to this position one must have:
- Degree in a Business Management or its equivalent.
- At least 4 years experience in senior Business Development positions or equivalent.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Good presentation and communication skills.
- Proven track record of generating new business and achieving revenue growth.
- Natural leader and motivator of sales and business development teams.
- Ambitious and target focused with a drive to succeed
- Must demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Must have exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
How to Apply
If you believe that you are the right candidate for any of the above position and can clearly demonstrate your ability to meet the qualifications given, submit your application letter, current CV, indicating the job title on the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business 5th March 2018