The Hemingways Collection
Job Title: Executive Sous Chef
Reporting To: Executive Chef
The Hemingways Collection is seeking to recruit two Executive Sous Chefs with international experience to add to the already existing, richly experienced team.
We are seeking highly motivated and ambitious chefs with an ability to take initiative and deliver cuisine to the highest international standards.
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
- Create and implement new menus and individual menu items based on current food trends and international tastes.
- Plan and organize with the Food and Beverage Manager on successful Food and Beverage activities and events in the hotel.
- Audit food storeroom items and direct items to maintain consistent quality products that ensure adherence to all health code requirements.
- To hire, train, supervise, schedule and participate in activities of chefs, cooks, and other personnel involved in preparing, cooking and presenting food in accordance with productivity standards, cost controls, and forecasts needs.
- Monitor team performance, product quality and production flow; foster continuous improvement where necessary.
- Ensure all health and safety and food hygiene rules and laws are being adhered to at all time whilst ensuring the food delivered is to the highest standard.
- Adhere to and lead the team in relation to knowledge of occupational, health and safety legislation, policies and procedures.
- Reporting obligations to Senior Management as per company requirements.
- Diploma in Food production or equivalent.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in culinary senior management in a 5 star hotel or fine dining establishment.
- Minimum 3 years international experience in the hotel industry.
- Experience in menu planning, design and budgeting.
Applications should reach the Group Human Resource Manager at email@example.com by Tuesday 13 February, 2018 at 5pm.
Application should include, Application Letter, C.V & copies of academic/professional certificates.
Note that if you don’t hear from us before 28th February 2018, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Hemingways Collection is an equal opportunity employer.