HFC Limited, the banking and property finance subsidiary of HF Group has an exciting opportunity in our Operations Department.
We are seeking for a talented, dynamic, self-driven and results oriented individual who is committed to performance, excellence and participating in our growth strategy.
Head of Central Operations
The Head of Central Operations will be responsible for planning, development and implementation of policies, solutions and practices that drive efficiencies, and productivity within operations function, while playing an advisory role to senior management.
The position will also be responsible for maintaining relationships with vendors and professional bodies / agencies that impact the operations of the business.
The successful applicant will be responsible for the following Key Result Areas:
- Develop annual plans for Operations functions in line with the overarching business strategic objectives.
- Oversee day to day functioning of Operations Departments and functions, which include Central Processing, Trade Finance and Channels Operations.
- Develop and recommend strategic plans in respect to the above functional areas and monitor their implementations.
- Review existing Policies & Procedures in operations and recommend best practices in the bank, while ensuring adherence to laid down standards and controls/regulations.
- Oversee back office operations of the Bank relating to Foreign Remittance, Trade Finance and Treasury.
- Evolve strategies to develop Trade Finance, Foreign Remittances and Treasury business volumes in co-ordination with the various Heads of related Business Units.
- Drive Alternate Banking Channels initiatives within the bank, grow customer base and grow Non Funded Income.
- Review and establish an effective Risk Control Structure for all documentary trade transactions, including regular monitoring and submission of relevant reports.
- Establish and maintain mutually beneficial and adequate correspondent banking relationships, in line with the Bank’s overall business needs.
- Develop strategies to centralise all back office operations in Head Office with a view to free front office of such work.
- Take overall responsibility for the Bank’s automation programs within Operations with the view to optimising technology and Human Resources.
- Review and recommend policies for document management, automation of work procedures and delivery channels for Bank’s products and services with a view to provide quality and efficient customer service.
- Develop measures that will drive performance and enable smooth delivery of service and ensure exceptional customer experience and standards.
- Develop strategies, processes and practices that will ensure timely generation of accurate management information (MIS) for internal and regulatory requirements.
- Effectively manage Human Resources within the departments so as to create a high performing, developing and cohesive team.
- Ensure that staff training and development is carried out on continuous basis with a view to ensuring that the Bank has an adequate pool of staff with appropriate skills in key areas of the Bank Operations in liaison with HR department and other departments
- Regularly update management on relevant global and or industry initiatives on Risk Management under operations, including implications and way forward for the Bank.
- Establish a periodic submission/presentation of Operations functions reports to management including follow – up/implementation of actions agreed thereof.
- Establish and maintain an effective risk & control self-assessment program ensuring any weaknesses noted are addressed on a timely basis.
- Establish and maintain effective anti-money laundering procedures and controls, including reporting of any suspicious items thereof in line with regulatory guidelines in place.
- Review all SWIFT transactions for any unusual items, paying attention to potential risk of Fraud and money laundering.
- Establish and maintain strict discipline over clearing function to ensure only valid Bank clearing transactions are presented to the clearing house and on a timely basis.
- Keep abreast of new developments in the banking sector’s clearing system and ensure the Bank’s successfully implements any resultant areas.
- Maintain oversight of overall cost and overheads with the aim of ensuring that expenses are kept at the irreducible minimum.
- Oversee undertaking of annual budgetary exercises within the functions.
The ideal candidates should possess:
- A business related degree from a reputable institution.
- A minimum of 8 years banking experience in operations in a large commercial bank, out of which at least 3 years should have been in Senior Management level.
- Must be familiar / acquainted with Quality & Change Management techniques.
- Exposure to Operations Excellence Model – TQM,LSS
- Exposure to banking systems, operations and service delivery is mandatory.
The ideal candidate must have the following:-
- High level of competency in Project formulation and implementation.
- Thorough knowledge of budgeting and understanding of financial markets.
- Good understanding of core banking business and systems.
- Ability to translate the Bank’s corporate strategy into operational plans and performance management programmes.
- Ability to define, communicate and implement essential operational changes to improve performance in line with the Bank’s business goals.
- Thorough knowledge of CBK prudential guidelines.
- Analytical and strategic thinking with ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Proficient in use of MS Office tools.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated good planning and organisation skills.
- Team player and must have integrity.
Kindly send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that applications should be received by 21st February 2018.