Hilton Garden Inn Jomo Kenyatta International Airport is recruiting a Maintenance Supervisor to join our team.
The Maintenance Supervisor performs maintenance duties and procedures, including, but not limited to completing preventive maintenance throughout the hotel, making repairs, performing trash pick up, and unloading and storing deliveries.
The Supervisor responds promptly to guest requests in a professional and hospitable manner while maintaining a professional appearance.
The Supervisor supervises other Maintenance Team Members in the performance of their duties, spending more than 50% of work time engaged in non-managerial duties.
What you will be doing
- Performs preventive maintenance in lighting, plumbing, electrical circuits and wiring, HVAC, furniture, fixtures and equipment in guest rooms and public areas, doors and locks, floor surfaces, including carpets
- Ensures that any nonfunctioning items are properly identified, repaired and returned to service quickly or are disposed of properly
- Responds promptly to maintenance emergencies
- Ensures grounds, pool, and structure are properly maintained
- Ensures every room possible is made available for rental by the end of each day
- Schedules other department members for days to be worked and work to be performed; Checks work of others for completion and quality and coaches for improvement as needed
- Adheres to all safety and security guidelines regarding equipment safety, guest safety and safe chemical handling procedures
- Apartment building or lodging Maintenance experience
- Ability to perform maintenance duties in a the hotel setup
- Ability to work well with others in a guest and team-focused environment
- Time Management capability to accomplish work within established parameters
- Customer Service focus to anticipate guest needs, greet and acknowledge guests, respond to guests requests, and ensure guest satisfaction
- Perseverance to complete work efficiently with attention to quality and detail
- Action Orientation to deliver the desired outcome – properly maintained facilities, equipment and systems ready to serve hotel guests and team members
WHAT IS IN IT FOR ME?
As a Hilton team member you can expect to receive the following and more:
- Access to Hilton University training, offering more than 3,500 learning programs
- Participate in ongoing recognition programs
- Training & development and worldwide career opportunities
If you feel you are ready to join this exciting team, please send your cover letter and curriculum vitae to email@example.com by end of day 19th February, 2018.