International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)
Employment Opportunity: Autocad Operator – Junior Architect
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation with the exclusively humanitarian mission to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and to provide them with assistance.
It also endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening International Humanitarian Law and universal humanitarian principles.
The ICRC’s Regional Delegation in Nairobi co-ordinates the institution’s humanitarian activities in Kenya, Tanzania and Djibouti.
The Regional Delegation in Nairobi is seeking for an experienced, highly motivated and qualified person to fill the position of:
Autocad Operator – Junior Architect
(Open to Kenyan Nationals only)
Overall Responsibility: The incumbent will be responsible for timely delivery of Architectural / engineering outputs (i.e Autocad – ZWCad drawings, 3D sketches, presentations, sketches, details), according to the work plan agreed with the superior.
He\she maintains contacts with graphic/concepts offices of the consultants, performs specific chapters of technical reports and actively contributes to the preparation of the work plan and to the project time schedule.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Design & Production
- In charge of the set up and print of the outputs, giving active contribution in Design activity at all stages of building process;
- Research on national or local regulatory framework for construction projects (i.e. building codes, firefighting regulations, zoning and city ordinances, sustainable development);
- Assists the line manager in bill of quantities checks, market surveys and cost estimations;
- Assisting in the preparation of the Pre-qualification dossier and tender dossier(s) during the screening or selection process;
- Ensures open and clear communication with internal clients aiming at proper understanding of requested project scope;
- Provides partial/specific design recommendations;
- Carries out construction site visits regularly or, if required, on a daily basis;
- Support the line Manager during meetings with the stakeholders;
- Prepares Minutes of Meeting with Internal/External interlocutors;
- Ensures the Project Timeline is updated;
- Performs any filing required on Team Space and Asseng platform;
- Reports regularly to the superior(s) on the work in progress;
- Knows, applies and complies with all the administrative procedures linked to his/her work;
- Registers and treats information (general and specific) accurately and with confidentially.
- University Degree / Diploma in Architecture or Civil Engineering from a recognized institution;
- 1-2 years´ work experience in a similar field;
- Excellent drawing skills and ability to work with design software (Autocad and Sketch up as a must, Photoshop and MS-Project as an asset);
- Excellent English communication skills, verbal and written;
- Proficient with Microsoft office suite including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
How to Apply:
Interested persons with the required background and experience are invited to submit their application to: Human Resource Office at the e-mail address; firstname.lastname@example.org before 9th March, 2018 (indicate the position title in the subject line).
Please include: detailed Curriculum Vitae and motivation letter, copies of relevant certificates, current and expected remuneration and contact details of three referees.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.