Employment Opportunity: Senior Electrician
(Open to Kenyan Nationals only)
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation with the exclusively humanitarian mission to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and to provide them with assistance.
It also endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening International Humanitarian Law and universal humanitarian principles.
The ICRC’s Regional Delegation in Nairobi co-ordinates the institution’s humanitarian activities in Kenya, Tanzania and Djibouti.
The Regional Delegation in Nairobi is seeking for an experienced, highly motivated and qualified person to fill the position of:
(Open to Kenyan Nationals only)
Overall Responsibility: The incumbent will be responsible for electrical maintenance, repairs of equipment and infrastructure.
He/she organizes, supervises activities for skilled workers as well as maintenance related employees.
He/she will performs administrative activities, works independently and establishes inventories.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Plan and install new power system from any given power point in the premises and offices;
- Repair domestic electrical appliances such as washing machines, cookers, etc.;
- Trouble shooting and carry out electrical repairs on existing structures;
- Implement the preventive maintenance schedule;
- Install new generators, control panels and do diagnostics and repairs;
- Analyze and formulate solutions for any electrical problem;
- Prepare, read, interpret designs, drawings, bills of quantities (estimates & costing) and works in progress schedules for all electrical works;
- Assess the electrical installations in new premises;
- Propose energy saving solutions when possible.
- Organize daily work with the colleagues of the department;
- Assist in supervising the helpers and junior electrician;
- Ensure effectiveness and efficiency of maintenance requests;
- Ensure the maintenance of carpentry and plumbing basic services;
- Be proactive in assessing future problems within the premises and take action;
- Respond to emergencies promptly;
- Monitor the electric consumption and report irregularities.
- Ensure reports are submitted after every intervention;
- Use the service task management system to follow up the requests;
- Maintain the electronic follow-up files.
Safety and security
- Establish, maintain and ensure safe electrical systems for the delegation and the residences;
- Assess passive security of the residences during every intervention.
- Diploma in electrical and electronics engineering or related field;
- Minimum of 5 year experience in a similar function, preferably in an NGO;
- Valid driving licence with class “B,C & E”;
- Computer Literacy;
- Excellent analytical skills;
- Meticulous and result-oriented;
- Knowledge of work security and safety measures;
- Electrical training experience.
How to Apply:
Interested persons with the required background and experience are invited to submit their application to: Human Resource Office at the e-mail address; email@example.com before 13th February, 2018 (indicate the position title in the subject line).
Please include: detailed Curriculum Vitae and motivation letter, copies of relevant certificates, current and expected remuneration and contact details of three referees.
NB: ONLY EMAILED APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED
The ICRC does not charge a fee at any single stage of the recruitment process