Job Vacancy: Senior Manager, Credit Support and Monitoring
Job Ref: SMCM/2/2018
Job Summary:- The job holder will be responsible for ensuring that facilities extended to customers are used for the intended purposes and performance is per the agreed terms of sanction.
Where deviations from plan are noted or foreseen, ensure that proactive remediation actions are in place to prevent accounts from progressing to non performing stage.
The role holder will also be the custodian of the bank’s credit policies and assist the business to address emerging trends.
The role will report to the General Manager-Credit and will be responsible for:
- Assisting management in the implementation of strategic plans through specifically assigned initiatives or collaborating with other managers to deliver broader banks targets.
- Providing leadership and oversight over the Credit Support and Monitoring unit by ensuring that the staff are highly motivated to effectively discharge their mandate, within the stipulated deadlines. This includes addressing and providing guidance on matters escalated by the team, providing training to the team as well as coaching the staff in one on one sessions to enhance their understanding of pertinent matters and their overall performance
- Champion dissemination of Credit policies and initiatives across the business.
- Periodically representing the Credit Department in meetings and forums as may be assigned by GM Credit.
Portfolio Quality monitoring
- Developing a tracking and monitoring mechanism for all post approval covenants and ensuring any breaches are attended to and escalated accordingly.
- Ensuring that account classification and provisions trends are proactively managed in line with regulatory and policy requirements
- Developing and implementing tools for identification of Warning Signs across the portfolio to enhance quality of the book and proactively address issues arising
- Working closely with Credit Managers and Relationship Managers (RMs) to implement remedial plans by recommending appropriate facility and collateral structures.
- Ensuring strict adherence to approved drawdown programmes for project finance loans and where necessary, recommending inspection of the projects to verify the position by internal or external resource
- Periodically accompanying RMs to client visits and/or meetings to address credit risk matters.
Management of delinquent accounts
- Designing and implementing appropriate collection strategy across the portfolios and segments.
- Ensuring escalation of issues within the agreed timelines.
- Streamlining all collections processes including automation of alerts to clients and RMs as may be required.
Governance and Controls
- Ensuring that all processes adhere to laid down controls and procedures in accordance with bank policies and Prudential Guidelines issued by the Central Bank of Kenya and any other relevant regulatory requirements.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or its equivalent from a recognized institution
- Master’s degree in Business Administration or its equivalent from a recognized institution will be an added advantage
- Member of Associate of Kenya Institute of Bankers (AKIB) or its equivalent professional body.
- A minimum of 7 years overall banking experience 3 of which should have been at managerial level within Relationship Management and Credit Risk environment
- Strong analytical and numerical skills supported by experience in credit analysis.
- Relevant Credit accreditation/certification form a recognized institution
- Good interpretation and decision making ability. Experience in holding a personal lending mandate will be an added advantage.
- Experience in development and review of credit management policies.
- Ability to manage complex and multifaceted stakeholders
- Effective communicator and influencer
- Excellent negotiation and stakeholder management skills.
- Good Leadership and people management skills
- Good planning and organizational skills.
- Excellent understanding of the banking act and prudential guidelines
- Good knowledge of banking products and evolving credit risk management systems; and
- Good understanding of legal risks and laws applicable to Banking and Finance relating to lending and credits documentation
How to Apply
If you believe you meet the above requirements, please send your application together with comprehensive curriculum vitae indicating your qualifications, present position, salary expectations and names and contacts of three referees.
Your application should reach the address below as soon as possible but not later than 3rd March 2018.
Please quote reference number followed by the position applied for in the application.
The General Manager-Human Resources
I&M Bank Limited
I & M Tower, Kenyatta Avenue
P.O Box 30238 – 00100,
Or email: email@example.com (preferred option)
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.