Vacant Position: Head of Marketing & Corporate Communication
The Company: We are a pioneering dynamic Insurance Company introducing a new and exciting ethical perspective to the Insurance market in Kenya and the region.
Founded in the year 2008, The Company is the first fully fledged ethically based operator in East and Central Africa. We are founded on ethical principles and justice.
For TIA to strategically position itself in the industry we are looking for a dynamic, qualified experienced, competent and highly motivated individuals to head our Marketing and Corporate Communication role.
Job Summary: Responsible for planning, development and implementation of all of TIA’s marketing strategies, marketing communications, and public relations activities, both external and internal.
Oversees development and implementation of support materials and services for staffs in the area of marketing, communications and public relations.
Directs the efforts of the marketing, communications, customer relations and public relations staff and coordinates at the strategic and tactical levels with the other functions of TIA.
Key Tasks, Duties and Responsibilities
- Set specific marketing goals
- Design and implement marketing strategies aligned with business targets
- Analyze sales and marketing metrics
- Research market to identify new opportunities
- Generate innovative ideas to promote our brand and our products
- Ensure brand consistency through all marketing channels
- Design and implement comprehensive marketing strategies to create awareness of the company’s business activities
- Generate ideas for promotional events or activities and organize them efficiently
- Plan and execute campaigns for corporate promotion, launching of new product lines etc.
- Monitor progress and submit performance reports
- Conduct general market research to keep abreast of trends and competitor’s marketing movements
- Become TIA’s agent towards external parties such as media, stakeholders and potential clients and build strategic partnerships
- Develop, coordinate and oversee programs, technical assistance and resource materials to assist staffs in the marketing, communications and positioning of their activities
- Oversee our customer service team
- Develop and implement customer care policies, procedures, standards and regulations necessary for ensuring a satisfied customer base
- Communicate with customers to identify their need/expectations and make appropriate adjustments to meet those needs
- Follow up customers to ensure they receive optimal value from TIA services
- Handle tough or complex customer issue by analyzing said problems to come up with solutions effective in addressing customer complaints
- Provide customers with updates and periodic statements on service developments and changes in trends
- Use customer feedback to ensure client satisfaction
- Establish communication channels through which customers can send in their feedback or challenges for prompt resolution
- Analyze customer care data and statistics to obtain results useful in taking key business decisions
- Organize programs for customer care staff to update their job knowledge and enhance their skills
- Oversee the hiring, orienting and training of customer care staff to ensure a capable workforce
- Maintain proper record of all customer care operation and activities for reference purposes
- Assign and designate job territories to customer care staff according to their performance and qualifications
- Conduct surveys to determine the opinion of customers regarding TIA products/services
- Take ownership of customers issues and follow problems through to a resolution
- Set a clear mission and deploy strategies focused towards that mission
- Keep accurate records and document customer service actions and discussions
- Analyse statistics and compile accurate quarterly reports on customer service
- Keep ahead of industry’s developments and apply best practices to areas of improvement
- Responsible for creating, implementing and measuring the success of a comprehensive marketing, communications and public relations program that will enhance TIA’s image and position within the industry and the general public, and facilitate internal and external communications and all TIA marketing, communications and public relations activities and materials including publications, media relations, client acquisition and so forth.
- Ensure articulation of TIA’s desired image and position, assure consistent communication of image and position throughout the TIA
- Responsible for editorial direction, design, production and distribution of all TIA publications
- Coordinate the appearance of all TIA print and electronic materials such as letterhead, use of logo, brochures, etc
- Prepare articles and press releases for the media
- Ensure TIA protects and promotes its image in a proper, coordinated, and consistent manner
- Cultivate and enhance collaborative working relationships within the press and publicity community
- Coordinate media interest in TIA and ensure regular contact with target media and appropriate response to media requests
- Manage the flow of news about TIA to the media
- Optimize communication system to enhance accuracy of communication
- Create effective communication channels
- Enhance effectiveness of press and publicity function
- Plan and oversee press events
- Establish a strong, long-term web presence
- Detect public relations issues as they emerge and address them directly
- Compose and edit press releases, company literature, and articles for internal and external use
- Responsible for producing valuable content for TIA’s online presence, editorial design and organizing the company’s publications
- Oversee the writing of blogs, social media, website content, newsletters, and investors reports
- Update in the social medias highlights of new product launches, upcoming events, point out charitable giving, or tout TIA’s success in the media
- Maintain close liaison with Management, other Departments and the branches in order to enhance a well-coordinated approach to service delivery and customer service
- Play an active role in promoting use of information technology
- Adhere to and manage the approved budget
- Perform other duties as directed by the Management from time to time
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration
- CIM or equivalent qualification
- 8 years’ experience in managing retail operations
How to Apply
Application letters and copy of current CV in one document with names and address of three referees clearly titled “APPLICATION FOR HEAD OF MARKETING & CORPORATE COMMUNICATION” should be sent by email to email@example.com so as to reach the HR& Administration Manager on or before Feb 9, 2018 at 5pm.