Vacant Position: Risk Manager
The Company: We are a pioneering dynamic Insurance Company introducing a new and exciting ethical perspective to the Insurance market in Kenya and the region.
Founded in the year 2008, The Company is the first fully fledged ethically based operator in East and Central Africa. We are founded on ethical principles and justice.
In view of tight regulatory environment that we operate in we are recruiting, qualified experienced, competent and highly motivated individuals to fill the position of Risk Management Officer.
General Position Profile: Reporting to the CEO, the incumbent will partner with management to provide continual risk assessment and in the development of comprehensive policies, procedures, compliance training, protocols, internal investigations, plans and implements risk management strategies and processes.
Key Tasks, Duties and Responsibilities
- Take lead in developing of all risk frameworks and policies within the business and provide oversight and monitoring of risk
- Guiding integration of ERM with other TIA planning and management activities
- Evaluate the strategies, policies, standards, procedures and related practices for the management, and recommend appropriate changes.
- Proactively participate in developing and managing organizational plans for continuity of business operations and information processing systems in the event of a disruption.
- Liaise with departmental heads in ensuring completion of quality departmental risk registers
- Identify training needs for risk management and oversee development of enterprise risk competence and awareness across TIA
- Work with Board Audit and Risk Committee in ensuring the identification of and prioritization of risk and reporting of the same
- Assess the adequacy of management decisions and their effectiveness to help maximize operational efficiency in a competitive market environment.
- To maintain network and relationships with internal and external stakeholders in order to achieve and promote the development of ERM
- Test the effectiveness of cascading risk management approach to business decision making
- Carry out operational audit designed to identify bottlenecks and shortcomings in our systems, and propose remedial measures.
- Continuously review and monitor existing systems to improve their effectiveness and to ensure that agreed policies and procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Continuously review the effectiveness and efficiency of the organization’s implementation of ongoing management information systems and infrastructure to ensure that they adequately support TIA’s business objectives.
- Evaluate the methodology and processes by which the business application system development, acquisition, implementation, and maintenance are undertaken to ensure that they meet TIA’s overall strategy and objectives.
- Evaluate business systems and processes to ensure that risks are managed in accordance with the organization’s business objectives.
- Compiling and discussing reports detailing findings, implications and recommendations for system improvements.
- Evaluate application of internal operational guidelines/manuals, identify deviations and recommend appropriate changes whenever necessary.
- Attend Audit and Risk Board Committee meetings
- Any other duty assigned by CEO
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field
- CIRM/OCRM or equivalent certifications
- Possession of CERA or equivalent certifications
- 3 years experiences in risk management position in the financial/insurance sector
- Information Technology knowledge and qualifications
How to Apply
Application letters and copy of current CV in one document with names and address of three referees clearly titled “APPLICATION FOR RISK MANAGER” should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org so as to reach the HR& Administration Manager on or before February 9, 2018 at 5pm.