Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA)
Job Vacancies: Senior Field Officer – STRIP Project
Reporting To: Field Manager
Start Date: 15th March, 2018
Location: Siaya, Bungoma and Busia
Duration: 1 Month
Deadline to Apply: 4th March, 2018
Eligibility: Position open to local Kenyan hires only
About Innovations for Poverty Action: Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is an international non-profit research organization dedicated to discovering and promoting effective solutions to global poverty problems.
IPA works in partnership with development partners and academic researchers to create and evaluate approaches potential solutions to poverty problems using randomized evaluations in the fields of health, education, microfinance, governance and agriculture.
We also mobilize and support these decision makers to use these solutions to build better programs and policies at scale.
About the Project: Selective Trials project is trying to learn about farming and technology adoption practices among households in rural Kenya, with US-based Researchers Pascaline Dupas from Stanford University, Sylvain Chassang from Princeton University, Catlan Reardon from University of California, Berkeley and Erik Snowberg from the California Institute of Technology.
We are currently preparing for a follow-up survey to be carried out in households across Busia, Bungoma and Siaya counties.
About the Position: The Senior Field Officer, under the supervision of the Field Manager will be primarily the first point of contact for any survey or field related issue.
The Senior Field Officer will also serve in the role of Field Officer when appropriate.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage teams of various sizes in the field
- Be the first point of contact for any survey or field related issue
- Stay in close contact with the AFM and FM about any changes or breaks from protocol
- Have a detailed knowledge of all project surveys
- Understand the role of each project phase in the overall structure of the project
- Work with outside partners on behalf of the project (e.g. Agrovets, village elders, etc.)
- Assist AFM and FM with field and office related tasks
- Oversee FO attendance, airtime distribution, supplies, printing and any other project jobs that are delegated by the AFM, FM, or RA.
- Keep updated records of project asset/incentive tracking forms and report any missing assets immediately.
- Be capable of serving in the role of an FO when appropriate
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelors’ degree or college diploma in social sciences
- Previous experience in leadership position.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in both English and Kiswahili.
- Experience with data collection in household surveys through CAI
- Good interpersonal skills; specifically, good at interacting and motivating teams
- Excellent organization, reporting and planning skills.
- Ability to comfortably work as a team.
- Must be an honest, accountable and self-motivated individual.
- Experience working with Strip project is an added advantage.
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the Senior Field Officer- STRIP Project. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all possible duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary. Please note that IPA will never request any form of payment from an applicant.