Are you Curious?
A promising and exciting career awaits you to join the winning team!
Ipsos is a world-leading research company operating in more than 85 countries. It has revenues in excess of ₤1Bn and employs over 16,000 staff worldwide.
Ipsos provides research services and strategic insights to the world’s largest corporations and many public sector organisations.
Ipsos is organized in each country of operation across its global business lines and its functions, in a matrix organization that is designed to achieve operational excellence, functional expertise and client satisfaction.
Senior Accountant – Ipsos in Kenya
Roles and Responsibilities
- Support the production of monthly management reports i.e. balance sheet, profit and loss account, cash flow, variance analysis and any reports as directed by your supervisor
- To ensure that company transactions are analysed properly, recorded correctly and in time to ensure completeness, accuracy, timeliness, relevance and reliability
- Ensure compliance with statutory requirements for all company statutory obligations are met on time.
- To ensure that weekly management reports, notably, aged debtors and creditors lists, bank and cash balances are produced and submitted in time
- Ensure that there is accurate and reliable information on the bank and cash balances on a daily basis by monitoring the movement in bank balances and to advice management accordingly. Ensure that cheques and any cash equivalents are kept under lock and key.
- To ensure that procedures on cheque payments are properly followed in making of cheque payments i.e. cheque payment voucher, authorization etc
- Ensure timely dispatch of invoices to facilitate effective debt collection hence health cash flow position
- To ensure that Creditors balances are reconciled and that payments made as per the company creditor’s ledger and credit days and not as per the creditor’s statements. Any differences must be reconciled before any payments are made
- Liaising with external auditors to ensure that Annual Statutory Audits are done in time. Prepare the audit working papers and implement Auditor’s recommendations ensuring proper financial controls
- To ensure that the fixed Assets register is maintained and updated regularly
- To effect authorized and approved payments. Ensure that all cheque disbursements are recorded and signed for by an authenticated person collecting the cheque
- To ensure that company records whatever the nature that are in your custody, are properly filed
- To perform other duties as may be prescribed by management from time to time
Required Experience and Qualifications
To be successful in this role you will have:
- University Degree in Business related faculty
- Qualified Accountant (CPA, ACCA, ACA, ACMA) or in the process of qualifying
- Work experience in a busy large organization (5 years)
- Comprehensive financial management knowledge
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and manage expectations
- Willingness to work long hours
- Good planning and communication skills
- High computer usage and presentation skills
- Well-developed analytical skills
- Adaptability and flexibility in service delivery
- Knowledge and understanding of ERP based systems will be an added advantage
If you are this person, then you are right for us and we are right for you!
This is a challenging opportunity for a dedicated and highly motivated professional, with a strong commitment to Ipsos values.
If you believe you are the candidate we are looking for, please submit your application and CV detailing your experience for the post and include daytime
telephone contacts to: email@example.com
Application will not be considered if covering letter is not attached.
Include “Senior Accountant – Ipsos in Kenya” in the cover letter and email subject header.
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline for application: Friday,16th February 2018, 5pm