Our Client, The Kenya Bankers Association (KBA) is registered as an Industry Association whose mandate includes promoting industry development and economic growth by engaging the government and sector regulator, Central Bank of Kenya (CBK).
One of the main aims of the Association is to cater for the interests of the member banks in negotiating terms and conditions of service of its unionisable employees and as far as possible standardize management practices so as to ensure harmony in the industry.
They are now inviting applications for dynamic professionals to fill in the following position in their Nairobi office:
Reporting to the Chief Finance Officer, the Accountant will be responsible for effective book keeping, coordinating auditing processes and overseeing the office administration function.
The incumbent shall ensure that all the Secretariat transactions are accurately processed and recorded in accordance with General Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Preparing financial statements including monthly, quarterly and annual accounts;
- Continuous management and support of budget and forecast activities;
- Ensuring all financial and statutory reporting deadlines are met and ensuring effecting payment orders, purchase orders, follow-up and control of correct and timely transfer of funds to service providers;
- Booking all incoming invoices and preparing payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements;
- Keeping up filing system for all types of invoices, reimbursement forms and statistics and ensuring all the balance sheet accounts are reconciled and justified;
- Preparing entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts and documenting business transactions;
- Analyzing banking transactions and journal entries and managing all company bank accounts;
- Maintaining accounting controls by ensuring secretariat policies and procedures are compiled with;
- Preparing financial audits, coordinating the audit process and interacting with external auditors in completing audits; and
- Maintaining administrative records and coordinating office maintenance and repairs, monitoring and maintaining supplies.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or any related field;
- At least 3 years’ relevant experience in a busy finance department, preferably in the private sector;
- Qualifications in CPA (K) or ACCA (2);
- Proficiency in accounting and office software’s;
- Experience in quality control;
- Strong organization skills; and
- Problem solving skills.
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs to email@example.com by Friday 16th February 2018 clearly stating the subject heading “ACCOUNTANT”.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.