Kenya Children’s Home (KCH) was established by the Balcraig Foundation in 2002 when the Scottish charity took over the running of the former Thomas Barnardo House in Nairobi.
The orphanage is the flagship project of KCH and is home to up to 200 orphaned, destitute and abandoned babies and children at any one time.
Since its inception, KCH has grown significantly, extending its support far beyond the reach of the Nairobi orphanage, with the commencement and development of many other community projects throughout Kenya.
These projects continue to enrich the lives of many hundreds of Kenyan children and adults every day.
Job Title: Posh Mill supervisor
Reporting to: Commercial Manager
Supervises: 2 staff within the section
- Responsible coordinating all Posho Mill related activities to ensure that the set monthly goals and objectives are met.
- Marketing products to ensure that both and new clients are well taken care of and maintained.
- Preparation of monthly KPIs and other reports as may be required.
- Milling the various products as may be required and ensuring that the products are of highest quality.
- Keeping documentation and adhering to the set procedures in regards to the same.
- Ensuring that monthly invoices are forwarded to accounts every by 5th of the following month
- Obtaining duly completed contracts especially with the corporate clients.
- Maintaining cleanliness and hygiene within the work station.
- Liaising with the stores to ensure quality grains are being issued and purchased at competitive prices.
- Attending the commercial supervisors meeting every fortnight with update on the Posho mill matters.
- Participating in annual budget projection exercise for the section.
- Ensure invoices are settled on time as per the terms of the contract.
- To make use of support staffs to value add the operations.
- Be a team player. Maintain good staff relations
- Participate in all the home activities as may be called upon from time to time.
Qualifications, skills and competencies
- K.C.S.E Certificate holder. College certificate is an added advantage.
- Experience in sales and marketing is a must.
- Ability to communicate clearly, read and write effectively; in English and Kiswahili languages.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have excellent computer skills. MS Office Package.
- Excellent planning, analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to understand, interpret and anticipate operating environment.
- Attendance / Punctuality – is consistently at work and on time. Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent. Commits to long hours of work when necessary, in order to fulfill organizational requirements.
- Interpersonal Skills Required – Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views. Highly pro-active, disciplined and well organized.
- Teamwork Spirit – Balances team and individual responsibilities. Puts success of team above own interests.
- Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives. Gives and welcomes feedback, while contributing to build a positive team spirit.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibilities for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Dependability – Capacity to handle a heavy work volume and multiple priorities. Follows instructions, responds to management direction.
- Strong multitasking skills.
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria should send applications to:
The HR Manager,
P.O. Box 44261-00100,
Hard copies can be dropped at Thomas Barnardo House, besides Weston Hotel along Lang’ata Road
Deadline: 20th February, 2018